Dr. Santanu Sen Paediatric Hematologist & BMT Specialist in Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Santanu Sen top Paediatric Hematologist & BMT Specialist in Mumbai is an experienced Stem Cell Transplanter and the only internationally accredited BMT unit inspector in India. He started his career in Pediatric Hematology & Oncology in UK and after working there for 12 years, he set up a similar service in Kokilaben Hospital which is now acknowledged to be one of the best in the region. A teacher and examiner for the Royal College of Paediatrics, UK, he has numerous publications, and has been an invited faculty to various national and international conferences. He has been chosen as one of the “Top Doctors in Mumbai” in 2019 and 2020 and consistently strives to provide achieve cure and the best possible care to his patients.
MBBS, DCH, FRCPCH, FRCP(Lond & Edin), CCT(UK)
AREA(S) OF INTEREST:
Bone Marrow Transplantation, Thalassemia & Sickle Cell Disease , Leukaemia, Lymphoma & Blood cancers, Brain tumours, Neuroblastoma and other Paediatric Tumours
Paediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation – Allogeneic, Autulogous and Haploidentical Transplants done for Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Disease, Aplastic Anaemia, Relapsed Leukemias and Lymphomas, Resistant cancers, Relapsed/resistant Ewings Tumour and Neuroblastoma; Consultation services for various benign haematological conditions such as Thallassemia, Sickle Cell Disease, Haemophilia, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Anaemia and other blood disorders; Consultation services for Malignant conditions such as Leukemia, Lymphoma, Brain tumours, Bone tumours such as Ewings Tumour and Osteosarcoma, Wilms tumour and other abdominal tumours, Neuroblastoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma and other soft tissue sarcomas; Expertise in Haemophagocytic Lympho Histiocytosis (HLH) and Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH).
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.