Dr. Yuvaraja T.B Uro-Oncologist in Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital | Quick Medical Evaluation
Top Uro-Oncologist in Mumbai. Dr. T B Yuvaraja received his undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MS, General Surgery) degrees from Mysore University. After Residency in Urology (MCh, DNB Urology) at Sir JJ Hospital and Grant Medical College, Mumbai, he completed his Fellowship in Uro-Oncology at the prestigious Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. Then he worked as Associate Professor and Consultant Uro-Oncologist at Tata Memorial Hospital. He currently serves Head, Robotic Surgery and Uro-Onco Surgeon at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai. He has received various International and National Fellowships. The Chakraborty Fellowship in Robotic Surgery offered by the Indian American Urological Association which he did at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA, the Detroit Fellowship and the Hargobind Fellowship at MSKCC, New York, USA. He has participated as a Principal Investigator in 8 Clinical Trials addressing important clinical questions like the role of therapeutic and prophylactic groin node dissection in clinically N 0 stage in cases of Cancer Penis. He has also been involved as a co-investigator in 16/20 basic and advanced Clinical Trials. He is one of the Associate Editors of the Indian Journal of Urology. Dr Yuvaraja has published over 45 articles in International and, 43 in National Journals and 2 Book Chapters. He has been a peer reviewer for The Indian Journal of Urology and the Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. He has been invited over 300 times to give Lectures, be a panellist in various scientific meetings and presented his work as papers and videos in over 22 International and 100 National Meetings. He was one of 20 members of the prestigious International Consultation on Urological Diseases (ICUD) which is an International Committee to create guidelines for management of penile cancer. He has presented Scientific Papers and Posters in various International and National Conferences organized by the American Urology Association, Asian Congress of Urology and so on. He is one of the founder member and secretary of Robotic Urology Forum, which is a national society of robotic urologists of India. He is instruments in organising various scientific meetings about urological cancers and robotic surgery. He is teacher for diplomate of national board teacher training urologists and also fellowship director for robotic urology fellowships. He has been invited as guide and proctor to mento robotic surgeries in various hospitals in India. He has been associated for training a number of new doctors in robotic surgery as well as doing proctorships/mentorships in new hospitals who acquire the Da Vinci Robot.
Dr T B Yuvaraja has performed over 8000 Major and Supramajor Uro-Oncology Surgeries at Kokilaben Hospital including over 2100 Robotic Surgeries with excellent outcomes. He was instrumental in setting up the Robotic Surgery Program at the Hospital in June 2012 and Second state of the art Xi Robot in 2017. He has performed over 1005 Robotic Radical Prostatectomies with an average blood loss of around 100 ml (international benchmark 100-200ml), The 6 month Potency Rates are 68% (international benchmark 54 -70%) and 12 month Potency Rates are 88% (international benchmark 62- 92%). The Urinary Continence rates are 92 % at 6 months (international benchmark 70-95%). He has performed over 950 Radical and Partial Nephrectomies by Open, Laparoscopic and Robotic methods (310 - surgeries) with a perioperative mortality of 0% ( international benchmark 0-1.2%) and morbidity of 3% ( international benchmark 2-5%). 360 patients have undergone Radical Cystectomy (Removal of Urinary Bladder for Cancer) with Studer Neo Bladder or Ileal Conduit done by Open and Robotic (240 cases) methods with mortality of 1-2% and morbidity of 10%. He is credited with doing the highest number of Robotic Radical Cystectomies and Intracorporeal Urinary Diversion in India. He has a special interest in managing Cancer Penis and Testis and has treated more than 450 such cases by both open and robotic method. His work on Robotic Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection for Cancer Penis has been presented at the Annual Conference of The American Urology Association in 2013.
AREA(S) OF INTEREST:
Complex Uro-oncology surgeries, Minimal access surgeries, Robotic surgeries, Open Surgery including complex procedures involving large blood vessels and Retroperitoneal masses.
Robotic Uro-Oncology Surgeries, Robotic Radical Prostatectomy, Robotic Partial/Total Nephrectomy, Robotic Radical Cystectomy and Intracorporeal Ileal Conduit/ Neobladder, Robotic Adrenalectomy, Robotic Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection, Open, Laparoscopic surgeries and Management of cancer of Penis, Prostate, Kidney, Bladder, Testis, Adrenal gland and Retroperitoneal Tumors
Robotic Radical prostatectomy, Robotic Total / Partial Nephrectomy, Robotic Radical cystectomy with Intracorporeal Neobladder / Ileal conduit., Robotic Adrenalectomy, Robotic Inguinal Lymphnode dissection, Complex Uro-oncological Open surgeries with Vascular involvement, Open surgeries for kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, penile cancers, Large Retroperitoneal masses, Testicular tumours, And Difficult laparoscopic surgeries.
Indian Medical Association- Mumbai West. Association of Medical Consultants- Mumbai. Association of Surgeons of India. Urological Society of India. Mumbai Urological Society. Indian Association of Surgical Onology. Indian Society of Oncology. Robotic Urology Forum. Robotic Surgeons Council. Urological Society of India - West Zone.
American Urology Association. European Association of Urology. European Robotic Urology Society.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.