Dr. Vidyadhar S. Lad Cardiac Surgeon in Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Top Cardiac Surgeon in Mumbai. Dr. Vidyadhar S. Lad received his medical degree from K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai, University of Mumbai in 1994 and his Master of Surgery from Tata Memorial Hospital, University of Mumbai in 1997. He was awarded FRCS by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 1998. Subsequently he obtained Master of Chirurgiae (M Ch) in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery from K. E. M. Hospital, University of Mumbai in 2001. After completing his training at the K.E.M Hospital, he was appointed as Consultant (Lecturer) in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. Following this he worked at the National Heart Center in Singapore and then proceeded to Canada. He underwent advanced training in Complex Heart Surgeries at the Toronto General Hospital and the Ottawa Heart Institute in Canada. He established a Division of Cardiac Surgery at the Dr. L. H. Hiranandani Hospital in Mumbai in the year 2009 where he had been effective in extending excellent cardiac surgical services and his results continue to remain second to none. Dr. Lad was Chief Surgeon & Program Director, Dr. L. H. Hiranandani Hospital, Powai from 2009-2012. In August 2012, he joined the Cardiac Surgical Services at the prestigious Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute in Mumbai. Dr. Lad's robust surgical practice focuses on Coronary Bypass Surgery including beating heart surgery, Complex Valve Surgery, Minimal Access Surgery, Maze Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, Surgery for Chronic Pulmonary Thromboembolism, surgery for HOCM, and surgery for Cardiac Tumours. Additionally he has a rich experience in the areas of ECMO, Ventricular assist devices, and Heart transplant surgery. He uses his expertise in various aspects of Cardiac Surgery to provide coordinated, patient-focused, multidisciplinary care and to conduct multidisciplinary research. Dr. Lad is an author of high-impact journal publications. He has presented various scientific papers at International Conferences. Dr. Lad's current scientific endeavors are focused on clinical research involving various aspects of heart diseases. Dr Lad has successfully performed over 1000 heart surgeries at KDAH in the span of last 6 years of which 23% were high risk and complex cases. The mortality rate for elective CABG is 0.3%, which is much lesser than International standards. He has performed a variety of valve replacement and valve repair surgeries. He has performed corrective surgery for Complex Aortic Dissection cases with good success rate. He has conducted Redo heart operations with equally good success rate. He regularly performs the Modified Maze Procedure for patients with Atrial fibrillation with conversion rate to sinus rhythm in over 90%. He initiated the Adult ECMO program in this hospital. Use of this technology along with Dr Vatsal Kothari (Chief Intensivist) has helped save lives of patients on verge of imminent death. He was also instrumental in successfully initiating the Heart Transplants program in this hospital along with Dr Nandkishore Kapadia.
MBBS, MS, FRCS, M Ch, DNB.
AREA(S) OF INTEREST: Adult Cardiac Surgery
CABG (Beating Heart), Valve replacement & repair, Aortic aneurysm & dissection surgery, Maze surgery, Heart Transplant/VAD/ECMO, HOCM Surgery.
Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.