Dr. Kona Lakshmi Kumari Surgical Gastroenterologist in Yashoda Hospital Somajiguda, Hyderabad
Dr. Kona Lakshmi Kumari top Surgical Gastroenterologist in Hyderabad is a Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist, Minimal Access GI Surgeon, and Metabolic & Bariatric Surgeon at Yashoda Hospitals, Somajiguda, with over 24 years of experience. She graduated from S.C.B Medical, Cuttack, with her MBBS in 1992 and her MS (General Surgery) in 1997, respectively. She received her training in bariatric surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, USA, as well as NUH in Singapore. Dr. Lakshmi enjoys mentoring newcomers to minimally invasive surgery and has a keen interest in academics and research. She also actively participates in a number of medical forums and conferences. She served as the organising secretary for OSSICON in 2009 and FIAGES, Hyderabad in 2010 and 2012 while also serving as the vice president of IAGES, Central Zone from 2008 to 2010 and again in 2010 to 2012.
Training in Bariatric Surgery, NUH. Training in Bariatric Surgery, Cleveland Clinic. Training in Minimal Access Bariatric Surgery, Gleneagles Global Hospitals. Fellowship, International College of Surgeons. 2007: FIAGES, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES). 1997: MS (General Surgery), S.C.B Medical College and Hospital. 1992: MBBS, S.C.B Medical College and Hospital.
Currently working as a Senior Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist, Minimal Access GI Surgeon, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgeon at Yashoda Hospitals, Somajiguda. Performed over 25,000 Minimal Access and more than 3000 Bariatric Procedures. Performed Highest Number of Single Incision Scar-less Bariatric Surgeries in the State of AP and Telangana. Worked at NUH, Singapore. Worked at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
Advanced Minimal Access GI Surgeries. Bariatric Surgeries. Metabolic Surgeries for Type II DM. Hernias. Anti-Reufb02ux Surgeries. Colorectal Surgeries. Gallbladder Surgeries. Upper GI Surgeries. Achalasia Cardia. Solid Organ Surgeries. Pancreatic Surgeries.
Sleeve Gastrectomy. Gastric Bypass Roux-En-Y. Mini Gastric Bypass.
Inguinal Hernia. Incisional Hernia. Ventral Hernia. Lumbar Hernia. Recurrent and Complex Hernia.
Colectomies. Abdominoperineal Resection (APR). Rectopexy.
Cholecystectomy. CBD Exploration or Common Bile Duct Exploration.
Upper GI Surgeries
Anti-Reufb02ux Surgeries. Achalasia Cardia. Gastrectomies. Oesophageal Surgeries.
Solid Organ Surgeries
Splenectomy. Adrenalectomy .
Pseudocyst. Necrosectomy. Pancreatectomies. Longitudinal Pancreaticojejunostomy (Puestow Procedure) or LPJ. Whipple.
Small Bowel Surgeries. Appendectomies
Special Interest and Expertise
Minimal Access Bariatric Surgery. Minimal Access Surgery. Laparoscopic Hernia Repairs (Inguinal, Incisional, Ventral Hernias & Redo Hernias). Laparoscopic Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeries.
Member, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons. Member, Association of Surgeons of India. Asia-Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.