Dr. Z. S. Meharwal Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgeon in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla
Dr. Z.S. Meharwal top cardiac surgeon is an Executive Director, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery and is part of the founding team of Doctors at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. Dr. Meharwal completed his MBBS, MS (General Surgery) and M.Ch (Cardiothoracic Surgery) from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow. He has worked as Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at prestigious King’s College Hospital in London. He has more than 30 years of experience in cardiac surgery with over 30000 surgeries to his credit, including complex heart operations.
He is a pioneer in many new cardiac operations in the country. Dr Meharwal is amongst few cardiac surgeons performing heart transplantation and ventricular assist devices implantation. Dr Meharwal has been actively involved with teaching and training. He is the Programme Director of DNB Cardiothoracic Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. He has trained many cardiac surgeons in India and abroad who are now independent cardiac surgeons at different centres.
Has been invited in national and international meetings as faculty and has published extensively in peer reviewed national and international journals. Dr Meharwal has received many awards including President’s award for his contribution in the field of Cardiac Surgery
Citation Award by President of India Sri APJ Abdul Kalam on the occasion of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Meeting - 2002.
Listed in Marquis who is who in the world 2005
Saharanpur Aditya Samman-by Govt of UP for contribution in Medical Field - 2005
Entered into Limca Book of Records-2008 for performing Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery on 94 year old man who is the oldest patient to undergo CABG
Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Off pump coronary artery bypass surgery, Surgery of ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections, Valve repair and replacement, Carotid endarterectomy, CABG in patients with poor ventricular function, Major Vascular surgery, Surgery for heart failure including heart transplantation and ventricular assist devices
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.