Dr. Vikram Kekatpure Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist in Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr Vikram Kekatpure top head & neck surgical oncologist in Bangalore is a senior consultant of head and neck surgical oncology at Aster CMI Hospital with 2 decades of experience in head and neck surgical oncology, post ablative reconstructive surgery, He completed his MBBS and MS from Nagpur University and MCh (head and neck surgery) from Amrita Institute of medical sciences Kochi. He further received fellowship training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York. He has done dedicated cancer research at the Weill Medical College of the Cornell University, New York City. He is focused on management of oral cancer particularly advanced and recurrent tumors, laryngeal cancer and rehabilitation, management of thyroid and parathyroid disease, skull base tumors, salivary tumors. He has a special interest in head and neck reconstruction and rehabilitation. He is passionate about tobacco cessation, early detection, and prevention of head and neck cancer. His research interests include tobacco carcinogenesis and tumor metastasis. He has worked as a senior consultant and head of head and neck oncology at Mazumdar Shaw cancer center, Narayana health and Cytecare cancer hospital Bangalore, before joining Aster CMI. He holds leadership positions in various national and international academic societies. He currently serves as the national secretary of the foundation for head and neck oncology, association of head and neck oncologists in India. He is an executive member of the head and neck cooperative oncology group, member of the American association of cancer research, AO foundation, and Indian association of cancer research.
Area of expertise
Oral cancer, nasal, paranasal and skull base tumors. Laryngeal cancer and voice rehabilitation. Thyroid and parathyroid diseases. Advanced and recurrent head and neck cancers. Microvascular and Image-guided reconstruction and rehabilitation.
Awards and recognitions
Scholar in Training award of American Association of Cancer Research. 2007. Best Research paper award, Foundation of head and neck oncology in India, 2007. Fellowship Australia Asia Pacific clinical oncology development workshop 2008. AO CMF fellowship (2012).
Foundation for head and neck oncology. American association of cancer research. Indian association of surgical oncology. Indian Association of cancer research. Head and Neck cooperative research group.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.