Dr. Akshay Hari Neurosurgeon in Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore
Dr. Akshay Hari top neuro & spine surgeon in Bangalore is a highly qualified neurosurgeon and spine surgeon, working as Consultant of Neurosciences at Aster CMI Hospital, with the goal of providing the best quality neurological service for patients. He has a wide experience in Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine Surgeries, Micro-Neurosurgery, Critical Care Management of Head and Spine Injuries, Brain Tumors, and Spinal Deformities. He has also worked with other private hospitals in India and abroad and has handled a variety of responsibilities. He completed his post-graduate super-speciality training in neurosurgery (Diplomate of National Board - DNB) and under-graduate primary medical training (MBBS) from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. During his training years, Dr Akshay has accumulated a wealth of national and international accolades including high honours in Neurosurgery from the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA (affiliated to Harvard Medical School) and was a visiting Neurosurgical trainee at the University of Groningen, Netherlands. He was also awarded the prestigious AO Spine fellowship, along with an AO Spine Research grant for his pioneering work on the use of ultrasound in reducing radiation during spine surgery. He was granted the first-ever joint NSI-CNS travelling fellowship and was chosen to be selected for the esteemed “Ambassadorship” student exchange program under the aegis of the American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons (AASAN) at the University of California, San Francisco, USA. Having travelled the world, receiving training and expertise in some of the best neurosurgical centres in the USA and Europe, Dr Akshay derives experience in a diverse range of areas in the brain and spinal surgery. He went on to pursue a highly competitive spinal fellowship, obtaining subspecialty training and expertise in the treatment of complex spinal surgery, including robotic spinal surgery and minimally invasive spinal surgery at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. Dr. Akshay Hari operates on a high volume of referral and non-referral patients, performing up to 30 operations per month to address various neurosurgical and complex spinal pathologies including deformities, trauma, degenerative conditions and tumours apart from the peripheral nerve, general neurosurgery and procedures for pain. He implements a range of time-tested and novel procedures, treatments and therapies, including advanced minimally invasive techniques. He conducts special outreach camps and programs at the community level to spread awareness about spinal health and illnesses. He has organized various CME’s and workshops including cadaveric courses and hands-on training programs for Minimally Invasive spine surgery and is deeply involved in academic research. He is skilled in performing clinical research and stays abreast of new technologies in the field. He is resourceful and has an open mind to exploring alternative treatment options to provide patients with the best possible health outcomes and is eager to apply these skills in daily practice.
Area of expertise
Minimally invasive spine surgeries – Discectomy, Laminectomy, ACDF, lumbar fusion, TLIF, PLIF, XLIF, cervical arthroplasty, spinal tumour, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty. MIS Instrumentation procedures – pedicle screws, lateral mass screws, CV Junction fixations, trauma stabilization. Cranial trauma, craniotomy, brain tumours, Stereotactic biopsy, Navigation and ultrasound-guided procedures. Minimally invasive and advanced complex spine surgery - scoliosis correction, deformity correction. Endoscopic spine surgery, Functional Neurosurgery, MIS procedures for pain.
Awards and recognitions
AO Spine Research Grant Award - “Development of an ultrasound-guided tool for pedicle screw placement”. NSI Travel Fellowship - Resident Support award - Poster presentation CNS meeting, Boston, USA. Professor Ming Chien Kao’s Scholarship “AASNS Award”, South Korea. AO Spine fellowship -Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi. AASAN Ambassadorship award for International Visiting Spine Fellowship – University of California, San Francisco, USA. Fellowship in Spinal Surgery – The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
2011 – till date NSI- Neurological Society of India (neurosurgery division). 2012 – till date AANS - American Association of Neurological Surgeons. 2012 – till date North American Spine Society. 2012 – 2016 CNS - Congress of Neurological Surgeons. 2012 – 2016 AO spine. 2012 – till date American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons. 2018 – till date Bangalore Neurological Society. 2018 – 2019 Melbourne Spine Study group. 2019 – till date Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons Association of Bharat.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.