Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna Cardiovascular Surgeon in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna top cardiac surgeon is an Director, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, India. He specialises in all types of adult cardiac surgical work. He is one of the leading and most experienced cardiac surgeon with expertise in Beating Heart Surgeries, Cardiac Valvular Surgery--Mitral Valve, Aortic Valve, Tricuspid valve, Double Valve Replacements and Redo-valve surgeries. He also has special interest in Valve Repairs, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm Surgery and Heart-Failure Surgery. He has relentless quest to bring the best in cardiac surgery to India and within the reach of common man.
He is a Graduate of King George's Medical College, Lucknow. After completing his MS (Gen. Surgery) he was trained in cardiac surgery at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai; Christian Medical College, Vellore. Thereafter he went abroad and was trained under Prof. Ottavio Alfieri, internationally known for his pioneering work in heart valve techniques.
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna has been practicing cardiac surgery since the last 26 years. He has carried out more than 17,000 cardiac surgeries. He has been working as Consultant cardiac surgeon at various prestigious hospitals which includes San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy; where he was trained under Prof. Ottavio Alfieri, internationally reknowned for his pioneering techniques in valve repairs and valve surgery in severe left ventricular dysfunction. He has worked with Luminaries like Prof Stanley John. His work experience encompasses operating at prestigious centres which include-King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai; Christian Medical College, Vellore; Max Heart and research Institute, New Delhi and Fortis Escorts Heart Institute New Delhi.
He is passionately involved in the Community Outreach Services and creating mass awareness toward cardiac diseases for last 26 years. He has been regularly reaching out to the masses of India, a fact which has been widely acknowledged by media and society at large. He has rendered free cardiac care in far and remote areas on North India.
His experience in cardiac surgery amalgamated with quest to train junior cardiac surgeon in India. Dr. Khanna has trained many cardiac surgeons from various parts of India and is actively involved in training the undergraduate and post-graduate students. He also has a keen interest in academic and research work, which includes publications in various reputed international journals. He has been invited as speaker on many international forums.
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery.
Valve replacement and repair.
Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery.
Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
Surgery of ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections.
Complex Valve Replacement and Repair.
CABG in patients with poor ventricular function. Beating Heart CABG.
Valvular Heart surgery (Trained under Prof. Dr. Ottavio Alfieri, pioneer in valve surgery).
Heart Failure surgery.
Head of the department – Cardiovascular Thoracic surgery Fortis Hospital NOIDA. Associate Director, Cardiac Surgery -Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi. Principal Consultant- Cardiac Surgery -Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi.(2010-2014). Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon- Max Heart Institute, New Delhi (2006 -2010). Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi (1995-2006). Head of the department of Cardio Vascular Thoracic Surgeon, Escorts Heart Centre, Kanpur (2004- 2005). Fellow Cardiac Surgeon,SAN RAFFAELE Hospital, MILAN,ITALY(1998)
Award of Excellence in Cardiology from World Congress on clinical,Preventive,Geriatric Cardiology and Imaging (WCCPGCI 2010)-, October 24,2010. Honorary Professor Faculty of Medical Sciences,Indira Gandhi Technological and Medical Scinces University, Arunachal Pradesh. Distinguished Service Award- Heart Care Foundation of India BSNL Dil ka Darbar – September 26,2010. National Excellence Award – Heart Care Foundation of India MTNL Perfect Health Mela – Oct 23rd 2011. Senior Proficiency Certificate- Sept.1977- Indian Council for International Amity. Senior Proficiency Certificate- Sept.1979 - Indian Council for International Amity. Award for Incomparable.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.