Dr. Sonal Asthana HPB & Liver Transplant Surgeon in Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Sonal Asthana is a top & Leading Consultant of HPB & Liver Transplant Surgery, presently working at Aster CMI Hospital, Hebbal, Bangalore. He has acquired huge knowledge in the field with close to two decades of expertise to his credit as a Hepato Pancreato Biliary and Multi-organ Transplant Surgeon. He completed MBBS and MS from JIPMER in Pondicherry. He did MRCS (Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons) from The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom. Later he did MSc from the University of Alberta in Canada. He did Fellowship in Multi-organ transplantation, accredited from American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) from Edmonton in Canada. He has wide experience in performing transplant surgeries of liver, kidney and pancreas, clinical islet cell transplant & surgical management of diseases of the liver, gallbladder, biliary and pancreas, including cancers and small bowel transplant. Dr Sonal Asthana was trained at some of the reputed institutes in the United Kingdom, Canada and India. His areas of special interest are management of Hepatitis C, Post-Transplant Immunosuppression, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Transplant Epidemiology and Ischemia-Reperfusion. He is regarded as one among the Best Liver Transplant Surgeons in Bangalore for offering comprehensive medical care for patients.
Area of expertise
Management of Hepatitis C. Post-Transplant Immunosuppression. Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Transplant Epidemiology. Ischemia-Reperfusion.
Awards and recognitions
British Transplant Society, The Canadian Transplant Society, Alberta Heritage fellowship (AHFMR) & American Association of the Society of Liver disease (AASLD) HPB surgery and Liver Transplantation and The American Society of Transplantation awards.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.