Dr. Sharan Shivraj Patil Orthopaedic Surgeon in SPARSH Hospital Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore
Dr. Sharan Shivraj Patil top Orthopaedic Surgeon in Bangalore. Dr Sharan completed his medical school with an academic distinction from MR Medical College, Gulbarga after a brief stint at St Martha’s Hospital in Bangalore. His post-graduate education was at Kasturba Medical College Manipal. He was awarded D‘Othro in 1990 followed by the MS (Ortho) in1991 with a Gold medal. In 1992, Sharan moved to the UK for further training. He worked in some of the premier teaching institutions in north-west England, including Alder Hey’s Children’s Hospital – one of the largest paediatric hospitals in Europe. This institution, known for many firsts in the world of orthopaedics, gave him extensive training in operating on challenging orthopaedic problems in children. The other renowned organizations where he gained valuable experience were Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Hope Hospital, Manchester and Warrington District General Hospital. In 1995, Sharan was bestowed with the coveted degree of Mch Ortho from Liverpool University, making him the youngest graduate to be accorded this honour since the course began in 1926. A promising and comfortable career in England and the prospect of moving to the US was inviting. However, this was overshadowed by a strong desire to serve his own countrymen by applying the knowledge and experience he had gained in the West. He figured prominently in British media when the concept of reverse brain drain to India was featured. Sharan returned back to India in 1996 and joined the premier Institute of Manipal Hospital in Bangalore as their consultant in Orthopaedics. Whilst working with this organization, he single-handedly performed over 5000 major complex surgical procedures, especially in the field of Paediatric Orthopedics, Joint Replacement and Complex Trauma. This earned him the impeccable reputation of delivering high-quality orthopaedic care. To pursue the dream of taking world standard quality medical care to the masses, SPARSH Hospital was established in the year 2006 with 120 beds and 5 operating rooms with a capacity of carrying out over 30 surgeries a day. SPARSH is committed to constantly explore opportunities and develop processes and systems by which healthcare could become affordable in India. Dr. Sharan has been an important pillar in the growth of SPARSH. With the aim of providing Tier 1 quality healthcare and making it available and affordable, he has led SPARSH to expand to different units. These units aim to provide premium quality care across Tier 1 and Tier 2 regions in Karnataka.
MBBS, M.S. (Orth), Mch (Orth), Liverpool, FRCS (England)
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.