Dr. Ravi Gopal Varma Neurosurgeon in Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore
Dr. Ravi Gopal Varma top neurosurgeon in Bangalore, is a Chief of Neurosciences and Lead Consultant Neurosurgery, at Aster CMI Hospital, is a highly qualified Neurosurgeon, with a special interest in Movement Disorders,and brings with him more than 20 years of experience.
Dr. Varma has undergone training in all aspects of Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery which includes specialized surgery for Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, and Chronic Pain. His surgical expertise covers other branches of neurosurgery including Paediatric, Vascular and Endoscopic Neurosurgery.
He is one of the few neurosurgeons, in India, with the large experience with DBS surgery for Parkinson’s disease. Before joining Aster CMI,the doctor had been instrumental in setting up and running the highly successful Institute of Neurosciences at M. S. Ramaiah Medical College and Hospital,where he was Professor and Head of Neurosurgery since 2008.
Awards and recognitions
Established the MCh program to train Postgraduate doctors in Neurosurgery at the Institute of Neurosciences, MSRMC, Bangalore. Established a fully functional and successful Movement Disorder Program at M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore. Initiated a DBS program for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease at NIMS, Hyderabad. Initiated a DBS program for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease at KEM Hospital, Mumbai. Initiated a DBS program in Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad. Was selected for a DBS workshop with advanced training in the Netherlands, as a part of a prestigious Indo-Canadian collaboration. Organized the first International Workshop on Surgery for Movement Disorders at M.S. Ramaiah Memorial Hospital, Bangalore. It was the first time in the world that a live DBS surgery was relayed to an interactive forum. Served as Member of the Board of Studies, NIMHANS, for a tenure of 3 years. Was invited as Guest Speaker at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit, New Delhi, where he shared the dais with other dignitaries like HH. Dalai Lama, Dr. Manmohan Singh, Al Gore and the RT. Hon. Gordon Brown. He is the first Neurosurgeon to be invited to speak at the HT Summit, where he spoke on “Unravelling the Brain’s Enigmas”. Designated Visiting Professor at the Raman Research Institute. Dr. Varma also has the distinction of having conducted the first successful DBS surgery for Neuroacanthosis in India and third in the world.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.