Dr. Ravi Gopal Varma Neurosurgeon in Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Ravi Gopal Varma top neurosurgeon in Bangalore, is a Chief of Neurosciences and Lead Consultant Neurosurgery, at Aster CMI Hospital, is a highly qualified Neurosurgeon, with a special interest in Movement Disorders,and brings with him more than 20 years of experience.
Dr. Varma has undergone training in all aspects of Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery which includes specialized surgery for Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, and Chronic Pain. His surgical expertise covers other branches of neurosurgery including Paediatric, Vascular and Endoscopic Neurosurgery.
He is one of the few neurosurgeons, in India, with the large experience with DBS surgery for Parkinson’s disease. Before joining Aster CMI,the doctor had been instrumental in setting up and running the highly successful Institute of Neurosciences at M. S. Ramaiah Medical College and Hospital,where he was Professor and Head of Neurosurgery since 2008.
Awards and recognitions
Established the MCh program to train Postgraduate doctors in Neurosurgery at the Institute of Neurosciences, MSRMC, Bangalore. Established a fully functional and successful Movement Disorder Program at M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore. Initiated a DBS program for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease at NIMS, Hyderabad. Initiated a DBS program for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease at KEM Hospital, Mumbai. Initiated a DBS program in Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad. Was selected for a DBS workshop with advanced training in the Netherlands, as a part of a prestigious Indo-Canadian collaboration. Organized the first International Workshop on Surgery for Movement Disorders at M.S. Ramaiah Memorial Hospital, Bangalore. It was the first time in the world that a live DBS surgery was relayed to an interactive forum. Served as Member of the Board of Studies, NIMHANS, for a tenure of 3 years. Was invited as Guest Speaker at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit, New Delhi, where he shared the dais with other dignitaries like HH. Dalai Lama, Dr. Manmohan Singh, Al Gore and the RT. Hon. Gordon Brown. He is the first Neurosurgeon to be invited to speak at the HT Summit, where he spoke on “Unravelling the Brain’s Enigmas”. Designated Visiting Professor at the Raman Research Institute. Dr. Varma also has the distinction of having conducted the first successful DBS surgery for Neuroacanthosis in India and third in the world.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.