Dr. Prof Darius F Mirza Liver Transplant Surgeon in Apollo Hospitals - Navi Mumbai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Prof Darius F Mirza top Liver Transplant Surgeon in Mumbai. Prof Mirza has returned from the UK to Mumbai, his home city, after a distinguished career in HPB and Transplant Surgery, having spent 25+ years in Birmingham at the largest European HPB and liver transplant centre. He is leading the development of a specialist multidisciplinary Hepato Pancreato Biliary (HPB) and Transplant service for adults and children at the newly opened Apollo Navi Mumbai Hospital.
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
Adult & Paediatric Liver and Intestine Transplantation. Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery - liver, pancreas and biliary cancer. Laparoscopic HPB Surgery. Bile duct strictures. Portal hypertension surgery.
Professional Memberships And Certifications
Membership/Appointments of Professional Societies:
Secretary (2001-2005), European Liver and Intestinal Transplant Association (ELITA). British Transplantation Society (BTS); Committee member (2015-2017). The Transplantation Society. European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT). International HPB Association (IHPBA). West Midlands Surgical Society. Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS); West Mids Rep 2009-2012. Intestinal Transplantation Association (ITA). International Liver Transplantation Society (ILTS). British Medical Association (BMA). Medical Protection Society (MPS). Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT). Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISGE) .
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.