Dr. Prof Darius F Mirza Liver Transplant Surgeon in Apollo Hospitals - Navi Mumbai
Dr. Prof Darius F Mirza top Liver Transplant Surgeon in Mumbai. Prof Mirza has returned from the UK to Mumbai, his home city, after a distinguished career in HPB and Transplant Surgery, having spent 25+ years in Birmingham at the largest European HPB and liver transplant centre. He is leading the development of a specialist multidisciplinary Hepato Pancreato Biliary (HPB) and Transplant service for adults and children at the newly opened Apollo Navi Mumbai Hospital.
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
Adult & Paediatric Liver and Intestine Transplantation. Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery - liver, pancreas and biliary cancer. Laparoscopic HPB Surgery. Bile duct strictures. Portal hypertension surgery.
Professional Memberships And Certifications
Membership/Appointments of Professional Societies:
Secretary (2001-2005), European Liver and Intestinal Transplant Association (ELITA). British Transplantation Society (BTS); Committee member (2015-2017). The Transplantation Society. European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT). International HPB Association (IHPBA). West Midlands Surgical Society. Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS); West Mids Rep 2009-2012. Intestinal Transplantation Association (ITA). International Liver Transplantation Society (ILTS). British Medical Association (BMA). Medical Protection Society (MPS). Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT). Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISGE) .
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.