Dr Prashanth P Rao Laparoscopic Surgeon in Global Hospital Parel, Mumbai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Prashanth Rao top laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon in Mumbai is a proficient GI ( GastroIntestinal )and Bariatric Surgeon with an overall experience of over 25years. He specializes in Advanced Minimal Access or laparoscopic Surgery with a wide repertoire of Minimal Access procedures in his skill sets, including Upper GI, Colorectal, Bariatric and Hepato-Biliary (HPB) as well as Thoracic surgery. He received his medical training from Topiwala National Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai both esteemed medical institutions of India. He stood first rank in Mumbai university in the MS exam in 1995. During the residency he also did Oncosurgery training from Tata Memorial Hospital. After that he worked 4 years as an Asst professor in the first GI unit of KEM Hospital under Dr Supe. He also did a Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery from France and worked under pioneering laparoscopic surgeon Prof Jacques Perissat in Bordeaux. He also obtained his FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. He has been awarded the Fellowship in MAS by AMASI, FALS ( Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy) by IAGES and is a member of the International College of Surgeons (FICS). Dr Rao has visited multiple national and international conferences that include ASI, MASICON, AMASICON, IAGES, SAGES (USA), ACS (American College of Surgeons-USA), Ossicon (Bariatric conference) ,Sobracil (Curitiba-Brazil), Euro- Middle East Cong (Paris), 1st Single Port conference Greece(Athens), as an invited faculty member, and has also organized various workshops and conferences. He has conducted training labs for SAGES (Society of American Gastro Endo Surgeons ) to teach single port surgery which he pioneered. He has lectured in various countries including Australia, USA, Brazil, Vietnam, China, France, Athens and also demonstrated live laparoscopic Surgery in the 1st peoples Hospital of Guangzhou China. He has been Treasurer and WZ Vice President of AMASI ( Association of Minimal ACCESS Surgeons of India) in the past and is currently on the Executive committee of AMASI. He has been Jt Org Secretary for AMASICON 2009 and 2015 in mumbai, both with more than 1500 delegates. Along with being a skilled medical professional, Dr Rao is also the Founder member of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India and the Indian Chapter of International Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Association, and an esteemed executive member of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, Indian Association of Gastroendosurgeon, Associations of Surgeons of India, Indian Medical Association, Association of Medical Consultants. He’s also been a Chief Supervisor for MBBS University exams, teacher for MS PG students and teacher and examiner for the Nursing council of India.He has been sectional editor and reviewer for JMAS and reviewer for various prestigious journals including British Journal of Surgery. He is a teacher for the Dip MAS course conducted by AMASI. He is also a Professor and teacher and examiner for FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery) course conducted by MUHS ( Maharashtra University of Health Sciences) at Global Hospitals Parel, Mumbai.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.