Dr. Giriraj Bora Liver Transplant Surgeon in Artemis Hospital Gurgaon
Dr Giriraj Bora best & top liver transplant surgeon is one of the youngest consultants in our Liver Transplant / HPB program. Dr Bora is a graduate of J L N Medical College, Ajmer. He trained in General Surgery at the same institute before joining as Senior Resident in G I Surgery at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences ( SGPGIMS ) in Lucknow. He then joined the MCh superspecialty program in G I Surgery at the G B Pant Hospital in Delhi where he trained for 3 years. After completing hi s training Dr Bora worked as Consultant G I Surgeon in Jaipur before he decided to pursue his career interest in Liver Transplantation.
He joined CLBS as a Fellow in Liver Transplant / HPB Surgery in 2011 and trained extensively in all aspects of Liver Transplantation and HPB Surgery.
In Jan 2013 Dr Bora was offered the position of Consultant at CLBS which he accepted. Dr Bora is an enthusiastic member of the core surgical team at our centre and also plays a pivotal role in donor evaluation before liver transplant.
He has a special interest in liver transplantation & liver resections for Hepatocellular cancers, combined liver â€“ kidney transplantation as well as in Pancreatic Surgery (Whippleâ€™s pancreaticoduodenal resections and surgery for chronic pancreatitis).The focus of his research activity has been the hemodynamic changes during liver transplant and changes during IVC crossclamping in LDLT.
Dr Bora has a number of publications in the field of Liver Transplantation / G I Surgery and numerous presentations at national and international conferences including at the prestigious ILTS International Liver Transplant Society) conferences in San Francisco in 2012 and at Sydney in 2013.
MBBS ( University of Rajasthan )
MS ( University of Rajasthan )
MCh ( G B Pant Hospital, Delhi )
Fellowship in Liver Transplant ( Indraprastha Apollo Hospital , Delhi )
Involved in over 1500 liver transplants
Performed the first Liver Transplant in the state of Rajasthan
Credited with both the 1st Living Donor &1st Deceased Donor Liver Transplants in the state
Wide experience in performing advanced Gastro Intestinal operation
Felicitated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for performing the 1st liver transplant in the state
Young Investigator Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2013 at Sydney
Travel Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2012 at San Francisco, USA
Areas of Special interest:
Safe donor surgery in liver transplantation
Liver Transplant for liver cancers
Portal vein reconstruction in Whipple’s operation for pancreatic cancers
Ultra Low Anterior Resection ( LAR ) for rectal cancers
Liver resection for cholangiocarcinoma
Shunt surgery for portal hypertension
Advanced laparoscopic operations in gastrointestinal surgery
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.