Dr. Giriraj Bora Liver Transplant Surgeon in Artemis Hospital Gurgaon | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Giriraj Bora best & top liver transplant surgeon is one of the youngest consultants in our Liver Transplant / HPB program. Dr Bora is a graduate of J L N Medical College, Ajmer. He trained in General Surgery at the same institute before joining as Senior Resident in G I Surgery at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences ( SGPGIMS ) in Lucknow. He then joined the MCh superspecialty program in G I Surgery at the G B Pant Hospital in Delhi where he trained for 3 years. After completing hi s training Dr Bora worked as Consultant G I Surgeon in Jaipur before he decided to pursue his career interest in Liver Transplantation.
He joined CLBS as a Fellow in Liver Transplant / HPB Surgery in 2011 and trained extensively in all aspects of Liver Transplantation and HPB Surgery.
In Jan 2013 Dr Bora was offered the position of Consultant at CLBS which he accepted. Dr Bora is an enthusiastic member of the core surgical team at our centre and also plays a pivotal role in donor evaluation before liver transplant.
He has a special interest in liver transplantation & liver resections for Hepatocellular cancers, combined liver â€“ kidney transplantation as well as in Pancreatic Surgery (Whippleâ€™s pancreaticoduodenal resections and surgery for chronic pancreatitis).The focus of his research activity has been the hemodynamic changes during liver transplant and changes during IVC crossclamping in LDLT.
Dr Bora has a number of publications in the field of Liver Transplantation / G I Surgery and numerous presentations at national and international conferences including at the prestigious ILTS International Liver Transplant Society) conferences in San Francisco in 2012 and at Sydney in 2013.
MBBS ( University of Rajasthan )
MS ( University of Rajasthan )
MCh ( G B Pant Hospital, Delhi )
Fellowship in Liver Transplant ( Indraprastha Apollo Hospital , Delhi )
Involved in over 1500 liver transplants
Performed the first Liver Transplant in the state of Rajasthan
Credited with both the 1st Living Donor &1st Deceased Donor Liver Transplants in the state
Wide experience in performing advanced Gastro Intestinal operation
Felicitated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for performing the 1st liver transplant in the state
Young Investigator Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2013 at Sydney
Travel Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2012 at San Francisco, USA
Areas of Special interest:
Safe donor surgery in liver transplantation
Liver Transplant for liver cancers
Portal vein reconstruction in Whipple’s operation for pancreatic cancers
Ultra Low Anterior Resection ( LAR ) for rectal cancers
Liver resection for cholangiocarcinoma
Shunt surgery for portal hypertension
Advanced laparoscopic operations in gastrointestinal surgery.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.