Dr. Arun Prasad Obesity & Bariatric Surgeon in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital New Delhi | Quick Medical Evaluation
Best laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon in India. He was part of the team that did the first Laparoscopic Gall Bladder operation in that hospital and since has been a pioneer in Laparoscopic, Thoracoscopic & Bariatric Surgery. Dr Arun Prasad is a Senior Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi. He has been ruling the field since the past 25 years. His contribution to the field has garnered international acclaim. An alumni of some of the most prestigious institutions both in India and abroad, Dr Prasad has been practicing Laparoscopic Surgery right from the time it first started in the UK. he is hailed as one of the first generation of laparoscopic surgeons.
MBBS, MD, Ph.D MS-Surgery FRCS
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and Hernia repair. Minimally Invasive Piles Surgery. Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis of Palms and Axilla. Laparoscopic surgery. Robotic surgery.
Experience & Achievements CLINICAL EXPERIENCE 26 years of total experience. Senior Consultant for the last 14 years since Dec 1994. This was after 10 years on various posts in India (4 years) and United Kingdom (6 years). Involved with Laparoscopic Surgery from the time it started in the UK. Belongs to the first generation of laparoscopic surgeons One of the first in the UK to be doing Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and Hernia repair on day case. One of the first surgeons internationally to be doing Minimally Invasive Piles Surgery (Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy), Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis of Palms and Axilla and Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) Experience of over 7000 laparoscopic surgeries that include over 5000 laparoscopic cholecystectomy, over 1000 laparoscopic hernia surgery and rest advanced laparoscopic surgery including Thoracoscopic and Bariatric Surgery. Have the privilege to have done the World's first laparoscopic operation for: Cholecysto-colic fistula ( Bedford Hospital , UK, Mar 1994). Hydatid cyst of the lung ( Batra Hospital, New Delhi, Jan 1995) One of the largest series of Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis of Palms & Laparoscopic Hernia repairs in the country. Personally devised technique accepted and acknowledged in British Journal of Surgery since 1994. Bariatric Surgery for weight loss including Gastric Banding, Roux en Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Mini Gastric Bypass. Other advanced Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic operations include Common Bile Duct exploration, Fundoplication, Highly Selective Vagotomy, Right and Left Hemicolectomy, Anterior and Abdomino-Perineal resection of Rectum, Rectopexy, Splenectomy, Adrenalectomy, Empyema and Thymus surgery.
Professional Memberships And Certifications
Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) – UK. International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO). Fellow of Indian Association of Gastro Endoscopic Surgeons (FIAGES ). Fellow in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery ( IAGES ) – after Jan 2012. Executive Committee, Vice President – Obesity Surgery Society of India. Executive Committee, Vice President – Indian Association of Gastroendoscopic Surgeons. Tutor – Royal College of Surgeons UK , Surgical Skills course. Tutor – Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Skills course. Examiner – MRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. Examiner – MRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow. Member of following Indian Societies and Faculty member ASI (Association of Surgeons of India ). IAGES (Indian Association of Gastro Endoscopic Surgeons ). AMASI ( Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India ). OSSI ( Obesity Surgery Society of India ). APHS ( Asia Pacific Hernia Society ). Awarded fellowship of American Gastroenterology Association (AGAF) and American College of Gastroenterology (FACG). Trained at Cornell Medical Centre and Memorial Sloan Kettering cancer centre, New York, USA. American Gastroenterological Association. American College of Gastroenterology. Indian Society of Gastroenterology.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.