Dr. Anurag Sharma Pediatric Neurosurgeon in Madhukar Rainbow Children's Hospital New Delhi | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Anurag Sharma Top & best Pediatric Neurosurgeon Fellowship trained in Pediatric Neurosurgery from Canada. He has done his MBBS from SS Medical College, Rewa (M.P.) and M.S. (General Surgery) from Mumbai University. He did his DNB Neurosurgery from Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, which takes pride in being one of the busiest hospitals in this world with world class infrastructure. He has done Clinical Fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery from North American Centre of excellence, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada. He also has rare distinctions of serving at Antarctica as Surgeon at Maitri as part of 34th Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica where he was bestowed with title of ‘Polarman’ in view of his distinct services at southernmost continent in most hostile working environment in this world.
He has medical journey of 25 years under him with 11 years in Neurosurgery.
International Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurological Society of India, Neurological Surgeons Society of India
Pediatric Epilepsy, Pediatric Hydrocephalus, Craniosynostosis, Pediatric Brain and Spinal cord Tumors, Pediatric Trauma, Chiari Malformation , Fetal Neurosurgery.
M.B.B.S, M.S. (Gen Surgery), DNB (Neurosurgery), Clinical Fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery (Canada)
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.