Dr Anil K Dcruz Head & Neck Surgeon in Apollo Hospitals - Navi Mumbai
Dr Anil K Dcruz top Head & Neck Surgeon in Mumbai. Dr. D’Cruz MS, DNB, FRCS( Hon) is Director Oncology Apollo Hospitals, Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi. He is a well-recognised as a global leader, clinician, researcher and teacher in Head and Neck Oncology. He was Director of Tata Memorial Hospital and Chief of Head Neck Services with over 33 years experience in the field of cancer. Dr D’Cruz is currently President Elect (2018-2020) and President (2020-2022) of the Union International for Cancer Control, Headquartered in Geneva. The UICC is the largest cancer organisation globally committed to the cause of cancer control comprising of 1121 member organisations across 171 countries. Established in 1933, he is the first Indian to hold this position. In recognition of his professional standing in the field he was awarded the Honorary FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons London. Dr. D’Cruz has held leadership positions & is on the board of numerous professional organisations, universities, research organisations and cancer institutions across the country and abroad. He is an avid researcher & his landmark contribution in management of neck nodes in oral cancers awarded the plenary at the American society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2015 and subsequently published in the New England journal of Medicine, the first from the Tata Memorial Hospital in this prestigious journal. He worked on research in the use of curcumin and was part of a project to develop and validate molecular cytogenetic studies/Proteomics in oral cancers, results of which were filed for a patent. Dr. D’Cruz has more than 250 peer-reviewed publications and chapters to his name and is a member of the Editorial Board of many reputed national and international journals. He has delivered more than 500 invited lectures and nearly a 100 named lectures, key notes and orations both nationally and internationally. He has also been a special invitee to over 100 conferences nationally and internationally to demonstrate head and neck, thyroid surgery. Dr. D’Cruz’s special areas on interest are oral \laryngeal cancers , thyroid , parathyroid, salivary glands and neck diseases. He is also specially trained for head & neck surgery at Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, Laser Surgery at Vanderbilt University, USA and speech rehabilitation at Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Thyroid cancer is a area of special interests. Dr. D’Cruz is a much sought after teacher and was instrumental in initiating the super speciality training course in Head Neck Oncology for the first time in India.
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
HEAD AND NECK CANCERS. ORAL CAVITY CANCERS. LARYNGEAL CANCERS. THYROID AND PARATHYROID CANCERS. LASER SURGERY. EARLY DETECTION OF CANCERS.
Professional Memberships And Certifications
FOUNDATION HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY – GOVERNING COUNCIL MEMBER + PAST PRESIDENT. ASIAN SOCIETY HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY – PAST PRESIDENT. INDIAN SOCIETY ONCOLOGY. ASSOCIATION OF SURGEONS OF INDIA. INDIAN SOCIETY OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.