Dr Anil K Dcruz Head & Neck Surgeon in Apollo Hospitals - Navi Mumbai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr Anil K Dcruz top Head & Neck Surgeon in Mumbai. Dr. D’Cruz MS, DNB, FRCS( Hon) is Director Oncology Apollo Hospitals, Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi. He is a well-recognised as a global leader, clinician, researcher and teacher in Head and Neck Oncology. He was Director of Tata Memorial Hospital and Chief of Head Neck Services with over 33 years experience in the field of cancer. Dr D’Cruz is currently President Elect (2018-2020) and President (2020-2022) of the Union International for Cancer Control, Headquartered in Geneva. The UICC is the largest cancer organisation globally committed to the cause of cancer control comprising of 1121 member organisations across 171 countries. Established in 1933, he is the first Indian to hold this position. In recognition of his professional standing in the field he was awarded the Honorary FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons London. Dr. D’Cruz has held leadership positions & is on the board of numerous professional organisations, universities, research organisations and cancer institutions across the country and abroad. He is an avid researcher & his landmark contribution in management of neck nodes in oral cancers awarded the plenary at the American society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2015 and subsequently published in the New England journal of Medicine, the first from the Tata Memorial Hospital in this prestigious journal. He worked on research in the use of curcumin and was part of a project to develop and validate molecular cytogenetic studies/Proteomics in oral cancers, results of which were filed for a patent. Dr. D’Cruz has more than 250 peer-reviewed publications and chapters to his name and is a member of the Editorial Board of many reputed national and international journals. He has delivered more than 500 invited lectures and nearly a 100 named lectures, key notes and orations both nationally and internationally. He has also been a special invitee to over 100 conferences nationally and internationally to demonstrate head and neck, thyroid surgery. Dr. D’Cruz’s special areas on interest are oral \\laryngeal cancers , thyroid , parathyroid, salivary glands and neck diseases. He is also specially trained for head & neck surgery at Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, Laser Surgery at Vanderbilt University, USA and speech rehabilitation at Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Thyroid cancer is a area of special interests. Dr. D’Cruz is a much sought after teacher and was instrumental in initiating the super speciality training course in Head Neck Oncology for the first time in India.
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
HEAD AND NECK CANCERS. ORAL CAVITY CANCERS. LARYNGEAL CANCERS. THYROID AND PARATHYROID CANCERS. LASER SURGERY. EARLY DETECTION OF CANCERS.
Professional Memberships And Certifications
FOUNDATION HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY – GOVERNING COUNCIL MEMBER + PAST PRESIDENT. ASIAN SOCIETY HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY – PAST PRESIDENT. INDIAN SOCIETY ONCOLOGY. ASSOCIATION OF SURGEONS OF INDIA. INDIAN SOCIETY OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.