Dr. T S Bala Shanmugam Laparoscopic & GI Surgeon in Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. T S Bala Shanmugam top Laparoscopic & GI Surgeon in Chennai. Dr T.S. Bala Shanmugam is Senior Consultant & HOD in Department of Minimally Invasive Bariatric & GI Surgery with over 30 years He completed his MBBS from Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, Ms (Gen surgery) from Kasturba Medical College , Mangalore & F.MAS (fellow of minimal access surgery) awarded by AMASI (Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India). He received training in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery from IRCAD, Strasburg, France, Robotic Surgery Training in World Laparoscopic Hospital, New Delhi. He has performed over 2500 Basic & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries for the past 20 years. He is a member on the Editorial board of World Journal of Laparoscopic Surgery and Gastroenterology International and an examiner for MS (Gen.Surgery) AND MBBS , BDS ,Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery(Dr MGR University)for various universities.
30 Years of Experience
Minimal Access Surgery. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Obesity Surgery. Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy. Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (Notes) and Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery. Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery. Acute Pancreatitis
He holds membership in prestigious institutions such as -
SAGES - Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgical Society, USA. Asia-Pacific hernia society. EATS - European Association of Traslumenal Surgical Society. IAGES - Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons. AMASI - Association of Minimal Access surgeons of India. OSSI - Obesity and Metabolic Surgical Society of India. IAP - Indian Association of Pancreatology.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.