Dr. S. Karunakaran Spine Surgeon in Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. S. Karunakaran top Spine Surgeon in Chennai. Dr S Karunkaran, Director, Institute of Advanced Spine Surgeries, Gleneagles Global Health City is a proficient medical professional with a rich experience of 25 years. He is currently working as an Associate Professor of Spine Surgery. He has pioneered in percutaneous endoscopic lumbar discectomy under local anesthesia for disc prolapse in 2005. He is the first in South India to have used IN SPACE interspinous implant for lumbar canal stenosis for keyhole spine surgery with local anesthesia. He has performed over two thousand spine surgeries. Dr Karunkaran is also an esteemed member of various associations such as the Asian Academy of Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery, Association of Spine Surgeons of India, Association of South Indian States and the Tamil Nadu Orthopedic Association among others.
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.S, D.N.B
25+ Years of Experience
Percutaneous endoscopic lumbar discectomy, Cervical Disectomy. Cervical spine pathologies. Revision Spine Surgery. 3D printed navigational Jig based pedicle. Magnetic Expansion Control. Screw fixation in complex deformities. OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion). Minimally Invasive ALIF (Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion). Disc replacement surgeries.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.