Dr. Shyam Bihari Bansal Nephrologist in Medanta Hospital Gurgaon | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Shyam B Bansal best nephrologist is the Director of Medanta’s Institute of Nephrology and Kidney Transplant. Dr Bansal has been trained in Nephrology in SGPGIMS Lucknow, which is considered one of the best institutes for Nephrology in India. Dr Bansal established the department of Nephrology in Medical College Gwalior in 2006. Subsequently, he has worked as a consultant in Fortis hospital and joined the Department of Nephrology at Medanta Hospital, Gurugram since its inception in 2009 and has been instrumental in establishing this department as one of the leading centres for Nephrology and Kidney Transplant in India. He is also the coordinator of the DNB teaching program in Nephrology and is actively involved in the training of new Nephrology doctors. Dr Bansal has been involved in care of more than 2000 kidney transplant recipients till now. Dr Bansal is also an avid researcher and has published extensively in the field of Nephrology and kidney transplantation. Some of his notable research work includes Kidney Transplantation in HIV positive patients, the First report and subsequent series of ABO-incompatible kidney transplants in India, Steroid free kidney transplant in India, paired kidney transplantation in India etc. Dr Shyam Bihari Bansal is one of the most experienced & renowned Nephrologist in India. He has an experience of over 23 +years . Dr Bansal completed his MBBS from G R Medical College, Gwalior, MD (Medicine) from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur .Following which he did his DM (Nephrology) from the famed Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute Of Medical Sciences, Lucknow. He is an active member of Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN), Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT), Member International Transplantation Society, Member European Society of Dialysis and Transplantation and Life Member Indian Society of Organ Transplantation. Dr Bansal specializes in Dialysis / Haemodialysis, Kidney Disease & Renal Transplant.
Specialization and Expertise:
Kidney Transplantation, Dialysis: Hemodialysis, CAPD, Hemodiafiltration and CRRT, Critical Care Nephrology, Chronic kidney diseases, Acute Kidney Injury
MBBS, 1996, G R Medical College, Gwalior, MD, 1999, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur, DM, 2005, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute Of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.