Dr.Rajasekhar Varma Interventional Cardiologist in Aster Medcity Multispeciality Hospital, Kochi | Quick Medical Evaluation
Top Interventional Cardiologist in Kochi. An expert in Complex High-Risk Indicated Procedures (CHIP), Dr. Rajasekhar Varma has achieved a documented 91% success rate in Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO) Angioplasty in the last five years. This is unheard of in the region and is on par with the best in the field. In fact, it complies with the Gold Standards in Japan. Dr. Varma is an alumnus of the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry. He has earned a Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in Cardiology, a Doctor of Medicine (MD) in General Medicine, and an MBBS degree from the institute. Complex anatomic coronary lesions (PCI), structural heart interventions, and aortic interventions are among his areas of expertise. He has earned several awards and accolades in his 14-year long career, participated at various national and international conferences, and been a faculty at several continuing medical education (CME) workshops. His research works have been published in international peer-reviewed journals.
Area of expertise
Complex PCI - especially Left Main Angioplasty, Chronic Total Occlusion, Bifurcation lesions Radial Angioplasty. Rotablation assisted PCI, Imaging guided PCI (OCT/IVUS). Balloon valvotomy (PTMC, BAV, BPV, BTV). Pacemakers, ICDs, CRT. Structural heart interventions including Device closures of ASD, VSD, PDA,Balloon valvotomy, TAVR, etc. Aortic interventions including hybrid procedures and stent graft for aortic aneurysms/dissections.A
Awards and recognitions
91% success rate in CTO Angioplasty over the last 5 years, which is equal to the Gold Standards in Japan. Academic Awards & Accolades: First rank in MD - General Medicine, JIPMER, Among the top 5 students of final MBBS 1995 batch at JIPMER, “Nallam Satiyanarayanamma” Gold Medal for securing the first place in the MD in General Medicine - Pondicherry University held during March 2000. N Abdoul Cader @ Ibrahime. Memorial Prize in Neurology - year 2000Awarded MOH Hassan Kuthoos Marikkar Endowment Prize in Cardiology - 1996. Awarded JIPMER Scientific Society Best Paper Award - 2000-2001. JIPMER Alumni Award for Best All-round Undergraduate Medical Student – 1996. Faculty at various national and international conferences, workshops and CMEs. Published research articles in international peer reviewed journals.
MD, DM (Cardiology)
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.