Dr. Mayuri Rajapurkar, Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist in Aster Medcity Multispeciality Hospital, Kochi
Top Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist in Kochi. A Head and Neck Surgeon with more than 11 years of experience, Dr. Mayuri Rajapurkar specializes in surgical management of cancers that affect the mouth, throat, nasal passages, sinuses, voice box, salivary glands, thyroid gland and skin of the scalp, face and neck, with strong focus on optimising functional and aesthetic outcomes. Trained at some of the finest institutes in India and the United States, she is an expert in highly advanced procedures like Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS) and Transoral Laser Microsurgery (TLM).
Area of expertise
Oncologic surgery for the upper aero digestive tract (UADT) tumours. Conservation Laryngeal Surgery, Laryngectomy - surgery for voice box tumours. Lip, Cheek, Tongue, Palate and Jaw Tumours- Peroral resections, pull-through procedures that avoid/ minimise scars and improve functional & aesthetic outcomes, 3D reconstructions and computer aided cutting guides. Management of orbital tumours. Skull-base surgery for tumours of the paranasal sinuses, anterior skull-base and lateral skull-base. Surgery for salivary gland tumours – parotid gland and submandibular gland, with intraoperative facial nerve monitoring. Thyroid and parathyroid gland surgery. Surgical management of vascular malformations of the scalp, face, neck and UADT. Surgical management of cancers of the skin on the head, face & neck. Local & regional methods for reconstructive surgery to optimise functional and aesthetic outcomes. Free tissue transfer including reconstruction with the use of standard soft tissue and bone flaps. Speech & swallowing rehabilitation with focus on optimizing functional outcomes for all head & neck tumours. Post laryngectomy/alaryngeal speech rehabilitation: tracheo-esophageal punctures and valves/prosthesis.
Awards and recognitions
UICC-ICRETT Fellowship, M D Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, USA. Research: Role of ceramide synthases in oral carcinogenesis; Tobacco and betel-nut related oral lesions. Six published research articles in peer reviewed journals.
Clinical Research Fellow - Head-Neck Services, UICC-ICRETT Fellowship , Fellowship in Head - Neck Oncologic & Reconstructive Surgery, MCh in Head Neck Surgical Oncology, MS in ENT, MBBS.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.