Dr. Rahul Naithani Hematologist & BMT Specialist in Max Hospital New Delhi | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Rahul Naithani top hematologist is a young and energetic clinical hematologist. He returned from Canada and joined Max Healthcare in 2011. He has set-up the Hematology & Bone Marrow transplant program at Max Healthcare. He has already performed more than 260 BMTs for various indications. He is deeply involved with scientific research and has to his credit more than 100 scientific publications in National and International Medical Journals.
Working as a Director - Bone Marrow Transplantation & Clinical Hematology at Max Healthcare from May 2011. Worked at prestigious The Hospital for Sick Children (Sick Kids) Toronto, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada. Worked at St Jude Children’s Hospital, Memphis,Tennessee, US.
Education & Training
Fellowship in Bone Marrow Transplantation at The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto. BMT Training at St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, US. Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (Toronto). DM in Clinical Hematology (AIIMS). MD in Pediatrics (Lady Hardinge Medical College). MBBS(BRD Medical College Gorakhpur).
Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (ISHTM).
Allogeneic and Autologous Bone Marrow Transplantation in children and adults with Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma and benign disorders like Aplastic anemia,Thalassemia and metabolic disorders. Children and adults with Thalassemia, Haemophilia, ITP, Aplastic anemia and other benign hematologic disorders.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.