Dr. Nigel Symss Neurosurgeon in Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai
Dr. Nigel Symss top Neurosurgeon in Chennai. Dr Nigel Symss is an Indian trained and educated neurosurgeon with multiple international fellowships, and 16 years of experience in cranial and spinal surgery. He has worked as consultant neurosurgeon at prestigious neurosurgical centres in Chennai. He specialized in transcallosal approach to colloid cysts and ventricular tumours in the brain, and has many publications on colloid cysts. He has done extensive research on hydrocephalus, shunt systems, and is a member of “Hydrocephalus Research World Record Ranking Committee”. With a special interest currently in functional neurosurgery he has completed a fellowship at the Flinders Medical Centre, Australia. He has performed over 5000 neurosurgical procedures post qualification, both cranial and spinal in adults and children successfully. Dr Nigel P Symss, completed his undergraduate training from Bangalore Medical College in 1993. He completed his DNB five years Neurosurgical training at the prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Neurological Surgery, VHS Medical Centre, Chennai and was awarded the degree in 2005. He continued as consultant neurosurgeon in the same institute till 2011, mastering complex cranial and spinal surgical procedures. With an interest in paediatric neurosurgery, in 2007 he was awarded the Oi-Sami Fellowship at the Jikei University School of Medicine, Japan where he did extensive research on hydrocephalus and neuro endoscopy. He has many publications on hydrocephalus in international journals to his credit. In 2011, he was awarded a one year spinal fellowship at the Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide where he got trained in complex spinal surgery, neuro navigation, and micro neurosurgery. In 2014 with a growing interest in functional neurosurgery he was awarded another fellowship at the Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide where he got trained in functional neurosurgery, and micro neurosurgery and worked in the same neurosurgical unit for two and half years using state-of-the-art technology for treating complex brain tumours, skull base surgery, cerebrovascular and spinal surgery. He is on the continental editorial board of International Journal of Hydrocephalus, and Journal of Neuro endoscopy. He has 24 publications in Indian and International journals, and written many chapters in three text books of neurosurgery. He has presented papers at National and International neurosurgical conferences. His neurosurgical interests are all applications of functional neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgey, skull base surgery, brain tumours, cerebrovascular surgery and spinal surgery. Dr Symss is committed to excellence in patient care and utilizes the latest neurosurgical skills and technologies to investigate and manage patients to ensure they have the best possible outcomes.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.