Dr. Nigel Symss Neurosurgeon in Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Nigel Symss top Neurosurgeon in Chennai. Dr Nigel Symss is an Indian trained and educated neurosurgeon with multiple international fellowships, and 16 years of experience in cranial and spinal surgery. He has worked as consultant neurosurgeon at prestigious neurosurgical centres in Chennai. He specialized in transcallosal approach to colloid cysts and ventricular tumours in the brain, and has many publications on colloid cysts. He has done extensive research on hydrocephalus, shunt systems, and is a member of “Hydrocephalus Research World Record Ranking Committee”. With a special interest currently in functional neurosurgery he has completed a fellowship at the Flinders Medical Centre, Australia. He has performed over 5000 neurosurgical procedures post qualification, both cranial and spinal in adults and children successfully. Dr Nigel P Symss, completed his undergraduate training from Bangalore Medical College in 1993. He completed his DNB five years Neurosurgical training at the prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Neurological Surgery, VHS Medical Centre, Chennai and was awarded the degree in 2005. He continued as consultant neurosurgeon in the same institute till 2011, mastering complex cranial and spinal surgical procedures. With an interest in paediatric neurosurgery, in 2007 he was awarded the Oi-Sami Fellowship at the Jikei University School of Medicine, Japan where he did extensive research on hydrocephalus and neuro endoscopy. He has many publications on hydrocephalus in international journals to his credit. In 2011, he was awarded a one year spinal fellowship at the Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide where he got trained in complex spinal surgery, neuro navigation, and micro neurosurgery. In 2014 with a growing interest in functional neurosurgery he was awarded another fellowship at the Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide where he got trained in functional neurosurgery, and micro neurosurgery and worked in the same neurosurgical unit for two and half years using state-of-the-art technology for treating complex brain tumours, skull base surgery, cerebrovascular and spinal surgery. He is on the continental editorial board of International Journal of Hydrocephalus, and Journal of Neuro endoscopy. He has 24 publications in Indian and International journals, and written many chapters in three text books of neurosurgery. He has presented papers at National and International neurosurgical conferences. His neurosurgical interests are all applications of functional neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgey, skull base surgery, brain tumours, cerebrovascular surgery and spinal surgery. Dr Symss is committed to excellence in patient care and utilizes the latest neurosurgical skills and technologies to investigate and manage patients to ensure they have the best possible outcomes.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.