Dr. Mettu Srinivas Reddy HPB Surgery & Liver Transplant Surgeon in Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Mettu Srinivas Reddy top HPB Surgery & Liver Transplant Surgeon in Chennai. Dr Mettu Srinivas Reddy is currently the Director of Liver transplantation and Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospital & Health City, Chennai, India. He has extensive experience in living donor liver transplantation, paediatric liver transplantation and surgery for cancers of the liver, pancreas and biliary tract. He believes in a truly multi-disciplinary approach to managing adults and children with complex liver problems and is strongly focused on treatment outcomes and the overall patient experience. Dr Srinivas Reddy underwent medical training at Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India where he also completed an ICMR studentship in Pharmacology. He completed his general surgical residency at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India. He then moved to the United Kingdom to train in Liver Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Surgery. He completed fellowships at liver transplant units in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Leeds, and was awarded the FRCS in General Surgery & Transplant by the Royal College of Surgeons. During this period, he also conducted research into improving outcomes of transplantation using novel techniques of organ preservation at the Universities of Newcastle & Sunderland. This research was funded partly by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and culminated in his doctoral thesis. Dr Srinivas Reddy returned to India in 2012 to join Global hospital, Chennai as Senior Consultant surgeon in liver transplantation. Over the next seven years, he was involved in 1500+ living donor liver transplantations and was instrumental in setting up and mentoring liver transplantation units across India. In October 2018, he was appointed as the Director of Liver Transplantation in Dr Rela Institute & Medical Center, Chennai and stayed in that position until October 2020 before moving back to Gleneagles Global Hospitals to head the liver transplant program. He has over 100 peer-reviewed scientific publications to his credit, has authored multiple textbook chapters including co-authoring a chapter in ‘Gray’s Anatomy’. He is a regular speaker at national and international conferences on liver disease & liver transplantation. He is a member of the Pediatric Committee of the International Liver Transplantation Society and was involved in the development of the ILTS Pediatric liver transplant registry. His current research involves novel techniques to treat liver tumors and developing better models to study liver regeneration.
23+ Years of Experience
Living donor liver transplantation. Pediatric liver transplantation. Surgery for cancers of the liver, pancreas and biliary tract. Complex resections for hepatobiliary tumors.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.