Dr. Joy Varghese Hepatologist in Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai
Dr. Joy Varghese top Hepatologist in Chennai. Dr Joy Varghese is currently the Director of Hepatology & Transplant Hepatology at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai, India. He is the one among the senior most transplant hepatologist in India. Dr Joy has been in the medical field for more than a decade and successfully performed more than 1500 liver transplantations. He has played vital role in setting up liver transplant program in both Government as well as Private institutions at Tamil Nadu & Kerala. Having a vast experience in the field of general hepatology, Dr Joy has delivered more than 1000 lectures on liver disease / liver transplantation in India and abroad. He is the first person in India who initiated therapeutic plasma exchange in various liver conditions and successfully performed hepatitis B virus related liver transplantation using hyper immune plasma. He has published more than 100 scientific papers in the field of liver diseases.
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.D, D.M (Gastro), Fellowship in Liver Transplantation (Germany).
25+ Years of Experience
General Hepatology – Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Fatty liver, Alcoholic liver disease, Wilsons disease. Transplant Hepatology – Adult & Pediatric liver transplantation, Combined liver & kidney transplantation. Transplant Oncology – Hepatocellular carcinoma. Liver Intensive Care – Acute liver failure, Liver dialysis (Plasma exchange).
Association of Physician of India. Indian Society of Gastroenterology. Indian National Association Study of Liver Disease. International Club of Ascites. European Association of Study of Liver Disease. Liver Transplantation Society of India. International Liver Transplantation Society.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.