Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid Medical Oncologist in Medanta Hospital Gurgaon | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Ashok Vaid top medical oncologist has the unique distinction of carrying out the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private sector hospital in North India. Currently associated as a Chairman of Division of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon. Dr. Ashok K Vaid holds an expertise are Treatment of organ specific cancers, Leukemias and Lymphomas. He has completed his MBBS from Jammu University in 1984, followed by doing DNB in internal medicine and DM Medial Oncology in 1993. He did his Senior Residency at Govt. Medical College, Jammu from 1987 to 1989. Previously worked as the Head of the Department of Medical Oncology, Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon. Awarded with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the President of India, for contribution to the field of medicine on 14th April, 2009. Member of prestigious organizations like Breast Cancer Foundation of India, Member of Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO), Indian Association of Gynaec Oncologists, Indian Medical Association, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Association of Physicians of India, and many more. Additionally, Dr. Ashok has been the founder member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON), a life member of European Haematology Association, and European Society of Medical Oncology. He has the unique distinction of having carried out the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private sector hospital in North India. Dr. Ashok has attended several workshops and conferences so far in the field of medical oncology.
Specialization and Expertise:
Organ-Specific Cancer Treatment, Leukemias, Solid Tumours, Lymphomas
MBBS, 1983, University of Jammu, J&K, MD, 1989, University of Jammu, J&K, DM, 1993, Dr. MGR Medical University.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.