Allogeneic Bone Marrow (Stem cell) Transplant cost in India
The cost of allogeneic bone marrow (stem cell) transplant in India varies depending on several factors, including the hospital, the hematologists fee, the complexity of the procedure, and the patient's medical condition. However, on average, the cost of allogeneic bone marrow (stem cell) transplant in India is around 30-60% lower than in Western countries.
The cost of allogeneic bone marrow (stem cell) transplant in India for International patients ranges from USD 22,000 to USD 28,000 for matched sibling donor transplant ; USD 30,000 to USD 35,000 for half-matched. Cost for Indian patients is between INR (Upon request), depending on the hospital and the facility. It is important to note that the cost of bone marrow transplant in India may be slightly higher in private hospitals compared to government-run hospitals.
An Allogeneic bone marrow transplant (BMT) or Stem cell transplant is a procedure to replace a patient damaged bone marrow with healthy cells from a matching donor. The donor bone marrow us collected through aspiration , while the patient undergoes chemotherapy and /or radiation therapy to suppress their immune system. The healthy cells are then infused into the patient blood stream and travel to the bone marrow where they grow and produce new blood cells.
Recovery may involve physical and emotional challenges, such as fatigue, pain , and difficulty with daily activities. Patients should follow the doctor's instructions & ongoing monitoring is required to ensure proper function of the new bone marrow and adopt a healthy life style. Despite the challenges, this procedure can be life-saving for patient with cancer, blood disorders, or immune system diseases.
If this procedure is performed with half-matched stem cells, it is called haploidentical bone marrow transplant . Careful preparation is required for successful results, which include a conditioning for patients with cancer. It might take up to several weeks for healthy , cancer-free cells to grow after the bone marrow transplant procedure.
*** Complete recovery can take several months to a year.
1. According to recent statistics, the average cost of an Allogeneic Bone Marrow (Stem cell) Transplant in India is approximately $26,000 to $35,000. This cost includes pre-transplant evaluations, the transplant procedure itself, hospital stay, medications, and follow-up care.
2. In comparison to other countries, India offers a significantly lower cost for Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant. On average, patients can save up to 60% of the total cost by opting for treatment in India. This makes India a popular destination for medical tourism, attracting patients from around the world.
3. A survey conducted among patients who underwent Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant in India revealed that 82% of the respondents were highly satisfied with the quality of treatment received. This highlights the effectiveness of the procedure and the expertise of Indian healthcare professionals.
4. The cost of Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant in India is influenced by various factors such as the type of transplantation (related or unrelated donor), patient's overall health condition, choice of hospital, and additional medical services required. These factors contribute to the variation in cost among different cases.
5. The Indian healthcare industry has witnessed a significant growth in Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant procedures over the years. According to the National Health Profile 2020, the number of Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplants performed in India increased from 1,260 in 2016 to 2,516 in 2019. This indicates the increasing demand and success rate of the procedure in the country.
How We Help You
WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. is a leading medical tourism company in India that helps patients from around the world access affordable, high-quality medical care in India. They offer a range of services, including assistance with hospital selection, medical visa procurement, travel arrangements, and post-treatment care.
When it comes to Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant treatment, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can help you identify the best hospitals in India based on your specific needs and preferences. They have an extensive network of hospitals and doctors, which allows them to provide you with a range of options to choose from.
In addition, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can also help you navigate the complex medical visa application process, ensuring that you obtain your visa in a timely and hassle-free manner. They can also help you with travel arrangements and accommodation, making your trip to India for Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Overall, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can be a valuable partner in your quest for the best Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant treatment in India. They can help you make an informed decision, provide you with all the necessary support and assistance, and ensure that you have a successful treatment outcome.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.