KPJ Ampang is built on a 5.35-acres land with a total built-up area of 330,000 square feet. Its construction began in November 1993 and was handed over to the management of KPJHB in March 1995. It was designed by an international architect to bring quality healthcare closer to our clients. KPJ Ampang is strategically located with easy access from Kuala Lumpur and Selangor. KPJ Ampang was opened to the public on June 15, 1995, and officially launched on March 30, 1996. KPJ Ampang has expanded its new block (West Wing), started its construction in 2015, and first operated in January 2020, with the currently operated floor of 760 723 square feet for both blocks (East Wing and West Wing).
KPJ Ampang has a reputable team of more than 80 residents, sessional, and visiting medical consultants who are well qualified and experienced in their respective fields. The consultant teams are backed and supported by more than 800 staff, comprised of dedicated nursing and paramedical staff in all disciplines of medicine, such as cardiac and neurosurgical services, and supporting staff from various areas.
All the Medical Consultants, nurses, and paramedical staff are carefully selected based on their professional expertise and commitment to deliver personalized service to our customers. With over 200 beds, patients can enjoy the privacy and comfort of a premier specialist hospital run by expert managerial and medical staff committed to the well-being and recovery of patients.
KPJ Ampang is fully accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) and is the 1st private hospital to achieve full accreditation status by MSQH for the 6th consecutive 4-year term 2016-2020.
In addition, KPJ has earned accreditation from Joint Commission International (JCI), the worldwide leader in improving the quality of healthcare. The checklist includes over 350 standards covering surgical, hygiene, and anesthesia procedures to the system in place to credential medical staff and nurses. KPJ Ampang was first accredited in September 2012 for 3 years and is currently on the fourth cycle of accreditation until 2025. KPJ Ampang is fully accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH), designed to bring quality healthcare closer to the public, and is the first private hospital to achieve full accreditation status by MSQH in the year 2000. KPJ Ampang has managed to keep its accreditation for the seventh consecutive four-year term, 2020–2024. KPJ APSH also has achieved the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification by Lloyd's Quality Assurance Ltd for food safety. As part of the improvement process that focuses on workplace safety and promoting a culture of order, KPJ Ampang is the first hospital to be awarded 5S certification (Quality Environment) by Malaysia Productivity Corporation in November 2008. KPJ Ampang is also certified by TUV Rheinland for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and ISO 45001:2018, as well as a Baby-Friendly Hospital (BFH) by the Ministry of Health since July 2006. In 2018, KPJ Ampang managed to get Planetree Gold certification from Planetree International for excellence in person-centered care until June 2021.
Airport: Lapangan Terbang Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport is 33.2 km away from the hospital and takes approximately 50 min to reach via road.
Hotel near KPJ Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital, Ampang : Hospitals has various hotels, guest houses/accommodation within proximity of 2 kms. These Hotels & guest houses are in range of USD to USD per day basis including breakfast and 1 pick and 1 drop to hospital. Lunch and dinner can be provided on the basis of requirement. With the high satisfaction of our guests who provide maximum benefit in long term stays due to health problems coming from abroad. Our rooms are suitable for cooking own meals and meeting other personal needs of our guests.
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to prefer country , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa . The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary.
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.