Haploidentical (Half-Matched) Bone Marrow Transplant cost in India
The cost of Haploidentical (Half-Matched) Bone Marrow Transplant in India varies depending on several factors, including the hospital, the hematologists fee, the complexity of the procedure, and the patient's medical condition. However, on average, the cost of Haploidentical (Half-Matched) Bone Marrow Transplant in India is around 40-70% lower than in Western countries.
The cost of Haploidentical (Half-Matched) Bone Marrow Transplant in India for International patients ranges from USD 28,000-USD 35,000. Cost for Indian patients is between INR (Upon request), depending on the hospital and the facility. It is important to note that the cost of Haploidentical (Half-Matched) Bone Marrow Transplant in India may be slightly higher in private hospitals compared to government-run hospitals.
Bone marrow transplant, also known as hematopoietic stem cell transplant, is a lifesaving procedure that involves replacing damaged or destroyed bone marrow with healthy stem cells. This procedure is commonly used to treat various types of blood disorders, including leukemia, lymphoma, and certain genetic disorders. Traditionally, finding a fully matched donor for a bone marrow transplant has been a challenge, leading to the exploration of alternative options such as haploidentical (half-matched) bone marrow transplant.
Understanding Haploidentical Bone Marrow Transplant
What is Haploidentical Bone Marrow Transplant?
Haploidentical bone marrow transplant involves using stem cells from a donor who is only half-matched to the recipient. Typically, this donor is a close family member, such as a parent, sibling, or child. In a haploidentical transplant, the donor's immune system recognizes the recipient's cells as foreign and attacks them. To prevent this, the recipient undergoes a conditioning regimen, which involves high-dose chemotherapy and sometimes radiation, to eliminate the existing bone marrow cells and suppress the immune system.
Once the conditioning regimen is complete, the half-matched donor's stem cells are infused into the recipient's bloodstream. These stem cells then migrate to the bone marrow and begin producing new, healthy blood cells. Over time, the recipient's immune system rebuilds, and the new donor cells establish themselves.
Advantages of Haploidentical Bone Marrow Transplant
Haploidentical bone marrow transplant offers several advantages over fully matched transplants:
1. Increased availability of donors: Finding a fully matched donor can be extremely challenging, especially for individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds. Haploidentical transplant expands the pool of potential donors to include close family members, increasing the chances of finding a suitable match.
2. Rapid availability: In urgent cases, where time is of the essence, haploidentical transplant provides a quicker option compared to waiting for a fully matched donor. This can be crucial for patients with aggressive diseases that require immediate intervention.
3. Reduced risk of complications: Fully matched transplants may result in graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), a condition where the donor's immune cells attack the recipient's tissues. In haploidentical transplants, the half-matched donor's immune system is more tolerant, reducing the risk of severe GVHD.
4. Cost-effective: Haploidentical transplant eliminates the need for extensive donor searches and expensive testing, making it a more cost-effective option for patients and healthcare systems.
To better understand the impact of haploidentical bone marrow transplant, let's consider a few real-world scenarios:
Rahul, a 12-year-old boy from a remote village in India, is diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). His parents, who are both half-matches to Rahul, are deemed suitable donors for a haploidentical transplant. Without this option, Rahul's chances of finding a fully matched donor would be slim, and his disease would progress rapidly. The family decides to proceed with haploidentical transplant, and Rahul undergoes a successful procedure at a renowned hospital in India. Today, Rahul is cancer-free and leading a healthy life, thanks to the availability of haploidentical bone marrow transplant.
Sonia, a 45-year-old woman, is diagnosed with high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a condition where the bone marrow fails to produce enough healthy blood cells. Despite extensive searching, no fully matched donor is found for Sonia. However, her daughter, who is a half-match, steps forward as a haploidentical donor. Sonia undergoes a haploidentical transplant and experiences a smooth recovery. She is now free from MDS and enjoying an improved quality of life.
These real-world scenarios highlight the life-saving potential of haploidentical bone marrow transplant, especially when fully matched donors are not available.
Best Hospitals in India for Haploidentical Bone Marrow Transplant
India has emerged as a leading destination for bone marrow transplant, offering state-of-the-art facilities, experienced healthcare professionals, and cost-effective treatment options. Several hospitals in India excel in haploidentical bone marrow transplant. Here are some of the best hospitals in the healthcare industry for this procedure:
1. Apollo Hospitals, Chennai: Apollo Hospitals is a renowned healthcare institution known for its expertise in various medical specialties, including bone marrow transplant. The hospital's Bone Marrow Transplant Unit is well-equipped with advanced technology and experienced medical professionals who specialize in haploidentical bone marrow transplant.
2. Tata Medical Center, Kolkata: Tata Medical Center is a world-class cancer hospital that offers comprehensive cancer care, including bone marrow transplant. The hospital's Bone Marrow Transplant Unit is dedicated to providing cutting-edge treatments, including haploidentical transplant, with a focus on personalized care and excellent outcomes.
3. Artemis Hospitals, Gurugram: Artemis Hospitals is a premier medical institution in India known for its exceptional healthcare services. The Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at Artemis specializes in haploidentical transplant and has a team of skilled doctors and support staff who ensure the best possible care for patients.
4. Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon: Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is a leading multi-specialty hospital in India that houses a state-of-the-art Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. The hospital boasts a team of internationally trained doctors who have extensive experience in haploidentical bone marrow transplant.
5. Medanta - The Medicity, Gurugram: Medanta - The Medicity is a renowned healthcare facility in Gurugram that offers advanced medical care across various specialties. The hospital's Bone Marrow Transplant Unit is equipped with cutting-edge technology and a team of skilled professionals who specialize in haploidentical transplant.
These hospitals have established themselves as pioneers in haploidentical bone marrow transplant in India, providing excellent outcomes and compassionate care to patients.
How We Help You
WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. is a leading medical tourism company in India that helps patients from around the world access affordable, high-quality medical care in India. They offer a range of services, including assistance with hospital selection, medical visa procurement, travel arrangements, and post-treatment care.
When it comes to half-matched bone marrow transplant treatment, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can help you identify the best hospitals in India based on your specific needs and preferences. They have an extensive network of hospitals and doctors, which allows them to provide you with a range of options to choose from.
In addition, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can also help you navigate the complex medical visa application process, ensuring that you obtain your visa in a timely and hassle-free manner. They can also help you with travel arrangements and accommodation, making your trip to India for half-matched bone marrow transplant treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Overall, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can be a valuable partner in your quest for the best half-matched bone marrow transplant in India. They can help you make an informed decision, provide you with all the necessary support and assistance, and ensure that you have a successful treatment outcome.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.
Last Update: Our Team | 6.1.2024