Dr. Vivek Jawali Cardiac Surgeon in Fortis Hospital Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore
Dr Vivek Jawali top cardiac surgeon in Bangalore is presently the Chairman- Cardiac Sciences & the Executive Council of Fortis Hospitals, Banglore and the National Chairman - Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Council, Fortis Healthcare Ltd , India. Dr Jawali has been the president of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS) since 2008. He is the founder member of the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons (ISMICS) and is the only Indian on the editorial board of its journal – Innovations in Cardiac Surgery. He is also the council member of the Asian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons. He is a former Vice President of the Indian College of Cardiology. He is on the editorial board of the journal of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (IACTS), journal of Cardiac Anaesthesia, CTSNET (a comprehensive global website of cardiac surgeons around the world). He is the founder and the web administrator of the iacts.org(a website of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons). He is also a former member of the Medical Council of India.
Dr.Jawali has with him the experience of over 39 years.
Dr. Jawali completed his MBBS from M R Medical College. Gulbarga, Karnataka, in 1974. He stood first in Karnataka University and also won the award for the ‘best allround outgoing student’ for his participation in various extracurricular activities such as debating, writing, painting, and student leadership. He acquired his MS from JJMMC, Davangere, MCh in CVT Surgery from KEM Hospital and Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai.
Honors & Awards
He is a pioneer in minimally invasive cardiac surgery in India and has performed more than 30,000 Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeries to date. He performed India’s first beating heart bypass surgery in 1992 and performed India’s first Minimally Invasive Bypass Surgery(MIDCAB)in Sept 1994. Dr. Jawali did India’s first Awake Cardiac Surgery (Surgery without GA or ventilator, done under continuous high thoracic epidural) in June 1999. He also performed the world’s 1st awake open heart surgery (a 74 yrs pt underwent triple bypass with aortic valve replacement without G.A. or a ventilator) in April 2002. Dr Jawali is also reciepient of "the Harvard medical international's lifetime achievement award for medical excellence in India"
Area Of Expertise
Dr Jawali has performed over 30,000 cardiac surgeries which include: Minimally Invasive Bypass Surgery, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeries.
Dr Jawalli WAS FIRST IN INDIA to perform the : Off-pump(beating heart) bypass surgery in 1991, Minimally invasive bypass-surgery in 1995, Minimally invasive cardiac valve surgery 1996, Pioneer of Awake (non incubated) cardiac surgery which he first successfully performed in 1999.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.