Dr. Vivek Jawali Cardiac Surgeon in Fortis Hospital Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr Vivek Jawali top cardiac surgeon in Bangalore is presently the Chairman- Cardiac Sciences & the Executive Council of Fortis Hospitals, Banglore and the National Chairman - Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Council, Fortis Healthcare Ltd , India. Dr Jawali has been the president of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS) since 2008. He is the founder member of the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons (ISMICS) and is the only Indian on the editorial board of its journal – Innovations in Cardiac Surgery. He is also the council member of the Asian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons. He is a former Vice President of the Indian College of Cardiology. He is on the editorial board of the journal of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (IACTS), journal of Cardiac Anaesthesia, CTSNET (a comprehensive global website of cardiac surgeons around the world). He is the founder and the web administrator of the iacts.org(a website of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons). He is also a former member of the Medical Council of India.
Dr.Jawali has with him the experience of over 39 years.
Dr. Jawali completed his MBBS from M R Medical College. Gulbarga, Karnataka, in 1974. He stood first in Karnataka University and also won the award for the ‘best allround outgoing student’ for his participation in various extracurricular activities such as debating, writing, painting, and student leadership. He acquired his MS from JJMMC, Davangere, MCh in CVT Surgery from KEM Hospital and Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai.
Honors & Awards
He is a pioneer in minimally invasive cardiac surgery in India and has performed more than 30,000 Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeries to date. He performed India’s first beating heart bypass surgery in 1992 and performed India’s first Minimally Invasive Bypass Surgery(MIDCAB)in Sept 1994. Dr. Jawali did India’s first Awake Cardiac Surgery (Surgery without GA or ventilator, done under continuous high thoracic epidural) in June 1999. He also performed the world’s 1st awake open heart surgery (a 74 yrs pt underwent triple bypass with aortic valve replacement without G.A. or a ventilator) in April 2002. Dr Jawali is also reciepient of "the Harvard medical international's lifetime achievement award for medical excellence in India"
Area Of Expertise
Dr Jawali has performed over 30,000 cardiac surgeries which include: Minimally Invasive Bypass Surgery, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeries.
Dr Jawalli WAS FIRST IN INDIA to perform the : Off-pump(beating heart) bypass surgery in 1991, Minimally invasive bypass-surgery in 1995, Minimally invasive cardiac valve surgery 1996, Pioneer of Awake (non incubated) cardiac surgery which he first successfully performed in 1999.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.