Dr. Vijay Kohli Cardiac Surgeon in Medanta Hospital Gurgaon | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Vijay Kohli is an reputated & outstanding cardiovascular surgeon, with wide and varied clinical experience and expertise in different aspects of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery. He has worked in the field of heart failure with Professor Randas Batista in Brazil and Professor Hertzer at Berlin Heart Institute, Germany. He has worked with Professor George Wieselthaler at Vienna General Hospital, Austria on implantation of various VADs (Ventricular Assist Devices) and heart transplantation and management of heart failure patients. He has also had the opportunity to work with Professor Vincent Dor on the outcome of Dor’s procedure for ventricular aneurysm repairs and with Prof Antonio Calafiore Chieti, Italy on the principal of septal exclusion technique and repair of mitral valve in remodeling of the ventricular anatomy. Dr Kohli was the first surgeon to perform coronary artery bypass in Jammu Medical College in 2001. He is also the first surgeon to have performed coronary artery bypass on a beating heart in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2002. Dr. Vijay Kohli is one of the best cardiovascular surgeons in India, with a vast experience of more than 35 years. He has conducted over 10,000 cardiac surgeries so far. He was the first doctor to perform CABG surgery in Jammu Medical College in 2001. Dr Vijay was also the first person to perform a beating heart patient in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2002. He has worked with globally reputed surgeons and treated the cases of heart failure, such as Professor Randas Batista in Brazil, Professor Hertzer at Berlin Heart Institute, Germany, and Professor George Wieselthaler at Vienna General Hospital, Austria to perform surgeries like VADs, heart transplant and management of heart failures. Some of the key areas of his interest are Cardiothoracic surgery, heart transplantation, CABG, and Reduction Ventriculoplasty. Dr. Vijay Kohli has published more than 150 scientific research papers at national and international level. He is a member of prestigious organizations such as the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, American Association of Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiological Society of India, Vascular Society of India and many others.
Specialization and Expertise:
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Heart Transplantation, Coronary Artery Bypass, Reduction Ventriculoplasty
Fellowship, 2003, Fellow of the Indian Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons, Fellowship, 1995, St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospital Medical Centre, New York, USA, MCh, 1990, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India MS, 1985, Government Medical College and Associated hospital, Jammu, J&K, India, MBBS, 1980, Government Medical College and Associated Hospital, Jammu, J&K, India.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.