Dr. Vijay Kohli Cardiac Surgeon in Medanta Hospital Gurgaon
Dr. Vijay Kohli is an reputated & outstanding cardiovascular surgeon, with wide and varied clinical experience and expertise in different aspects of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery. He has worked in the field of heart failure with Professor Randas Batista in Brazil and Professor Hertzer at Berlin Heart Institute, Germany. He has worked with Professor George Wieselthaler at Vienna General Hospital, Austria on implantation of various VADs (Ventricular Assist Devices) and heart transplantation and management of heart failure patients. He has also had the opportunity to work with Professor Vincent Dor on the outcome of Dor’s procedure for ventricular aneurysm repairs and with Prof Antonio Calafiore Chieti, Italy on the principal of septal exclusion technique and repair of mitral valve in remodeling of the ventricular anatomy. Dr Kohli was the first surgeon to perform coronary artery bypass in Jammu Medical College in 2001. He is also the first surgeon to have performed coronary artery bypass on a beating heart in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2002. Dr. Vijay Kohli is one of the best cardiovascular surgeons in India, with a vast experience of more than 35 years. He has conducted over 10,000 cardiac surgeries so far. He was the first doctor to perform CABG surgery in Jammu Medical College in 2001. Dr Vijay was also the first person to perform a beating heart patient in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2002. He has worked with globally reputed surgeons and treated the cases of heart failure, such as Professor Randas Batista in Brazil, Professor Hertzer at Berlin Heart Institute, Germany, and Professor George Wieselthaler at Vienna General Hospital, Austria to perform surgeries like VADs, heart transplant and management of heart failures. Some of the key areas of his interest are Cardiothoracic surgery, heart transplantation, CABG, and Reduction Ventriculoplasty. Dr. Vijay Kohli has published more than 150 scientific research papers at national and international level. He is a member of prestigious organizations such as the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, American Association of Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiological Society of India, Vascular Society of India and many others.
Specialization and Expertise:
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Heart Transplantation, Coronary Artery Bypass, Reduction Ventriculoplasty
Fellowship, 2003, Fellow of the Indian Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons, Fellowship, 1995, St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospital Medical Centre, New York, USA, MCh, 1990, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India MS, 1985, Government Medical College and Associated hospital, Jammu, J&K, India, MBBS, 1980, Government Medical College and Associated Hospital, Jammu, J&K, India.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.