Dr. Uday Shankar General Surgeon in Canadian Specialist Hospital Dubai
Top General Surgeon in Dubai. Dr. Uday Shankar is an Indian National who completed MBBS from MGM Medical College, Jamshedpur, India in 1996. He completed his Post graduation in General Surgery from the Prestigious National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He joined the Christian Medical College & Hospital (CMC), one of the largest tertiary hospitals and medical colleges in India, where he worked as an Assistant Professor and consultant. Dr. Uday acquired special training in Advanced Laparoscopy Surgery from the prestigious IRCAD, France where he was awarded a Diploma in Laparoscopy Surgery. He received specialized training from Dukes University, Durham, the USA in Revision Bariatric Surgery for weight regain after primary weight loss surgery.
MBBS. DNB in General Surgery. Diploma in Laparoscopy Surgery. Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery, India.
Tamil Nadu Medical Council. Fellow, American College of Surgeon. Member of International Federation for the Surgery of obesity and metabolic disorder.
He has more than 20 years of experience in General & Advanced Laparoscopy Surgery. He has 11 yrs. of work experience in the Gulf as one of the Lead Surgeons & has performed more than 2000 Surgeries. Last few years his main area of interest was weight loss surgery, he has performed more than 500 bariatric procedures successfully. He has been a certified “Surgeon of Excellence” in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery by European Accreditation Council for Bariatric Surgery (EAS-BS).He runs a holistic Bariatric Surgery Program and has a dedicated Bariatric Support Group for the long-term care of his patient.
Advanced Laparoscopy Surgery. Laparoscopy Gall Bladder. Laparoscopy Hernia surgery – Inguinal, Umbilical & Ventral Hernia. Laparoscopy GI Surgery. Bariatric (Weight loss) & Metabolic Surgery- Sleeve Gastrectomy, Mini Gastric Bypass, RYGB Gastric Bypass. His special focus is on Revision Surgery for weight loss failure after Primary Surgery, and for people who are suffering from metabolic syndrome (Diabetes, Hypertensive, Lipid Abnormality, Sleep Apnea, PCOS, and Weight-related infertility).
English, Hindi, Arabic (Basic)
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to prefer country , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa . The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary.
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.