Dr. Kannan S Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist in Apollo Cancer Centre, Chennai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Top Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist in Apollo Cancer Centre, Chennai. Dr Kannan is a Senior Consultant Head and Neck Surgical Oncologist at Apollo Cancer Centre. Specialising in Head & Neck Oncology and Skull Base Surgery, Dr Kannan has over 15 years of experience in the field. He is a trained clinician in complex Head and Neck ablative surgeries and shares a passion for head and neck reconstruction. His special interests include organ preservation approaches to head and neck cancers, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, and laser microsurgery for throat cancers. He has academic interests involved in training future head and neck surgeons and has been involved in many academic meetings, conferences and training workshops.
Area of Expertise
Laser Laryngeal Surgery & Voice Rehabilitation. Robotic surgery. Skull Base Surgery – endoscopic, open and lateral. Endoscopic Thyroid surgery. Parapharyngeal tumour excision. Paranasal sinus tumour and infratemporal fossa clearance.
Education & Training
Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from Chengalpattu Medical College. Post Graduation, M.S (E.N.T)/ /Senior Resident at JIPMER Pondicherry. Clinical Fellow /Specialist Senior Resident at Tata Memorial Hospital.
Senior Consultant – Apollo Cancer Centre, Chennai. Organising Committee Member for several International and National Head and Neck Conferences. THANSA – Founder members of Tamilnadu HEAD & NECK Surgeons Association. Executive council member of FHNO (2018-2020). Head & Neck oncology update –quarterly postgraduate teaching program.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.