Dr. Atul N.C. Peters Obesity & Bariatric Surgeon in Max Hospital New Delhi | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Atul N C Peters top bariatric surgeon is the Director at the Department of Bariatric, Minimal Access & General Surgery at Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi and the same under his patrons got awarded as Centre of Excellence for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery by OSSI effective from Jan 1st, 2020.
He operates in India, Dubai and Muscat. He is board certified by "National Board of Surgery" and holds professional fellowships/memberships in various National & International Surgical Societies.
With over 20 years of Surgical experience, his practice is now dedicated to Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery for Diabetes, performing more than 300 cases annually.
Dr. Peters has been accredited the "Surgeon of Excellence" by Surgical Review Corporation, the USA that administers Surgeon of Excellence Program through-out the world and recognises the surgeons and healthcare facilities that provide safe, high-quality surgical care. These programs promote universal care quality, regardless of the type of surgery or where the patients have their procedures performed.
Dr. Peters is also a "Certified Fitness Trainer" from the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA). He runs a regular Bariatric Support Group for his patients and ends it with Music Therapy. He believes music heals the soul, and he loves playing for his patients. Dr. Peters can play close to eighteen musical instruments, Saxophone being closest to his heart.
He is the first surgeon to start a bariatric program in North West Africa, namely Nigeria & has conducted more than 40 successful surgeries under this program.
He is the founding member of ACMOMS (Asian Consensus Meeting on Metabolic Surgery).
He also holds the world record of performing the highest number of Bariatric Surgeries in a day (sixteen), declared in the LIMCA BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS.
Sr. Consultant & Head - Apollo Institute of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery. DHA Certified Specialist (Bariatric Surgeon) - Zulekha Hospital and Medeor Hospital, Dubai. Consultant (Bariatric Surgeon) - NMC, Muscat. Director & Head - Institute of Bariatric, Metabolic & Minimal Access Surgery, Fortis Hospitals (Shalimar Bagh), Fortis CDOC, Fortis Aashlok & Fortis La Femme (New Delhi). Director - Institute of Bariatric, Metabolic & Minimal Access Surgery, Primus Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi. Sr. Consultant & Chief - MAS, Max Super Speciality Hospital (Saket), Max Med Centre (Panchsheel Park), Delhi & Max Hospital (Gurgaon).
Education & Training
International Fellow - American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS) (Bariatric Surgery). Robotic Training - Da Vinci Robotic Training, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. Advanced Bariatric Training - Bariatric & Metabolic Institute (BMI), Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Basic Bariatric Training - Covidien Clinical Institute, Shanghai, China. DNB & MAS Fellowship - Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India. MBBS - Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, India.
International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO). International Excellence Federation for Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery (IEF). Life Member - Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS). Life Member - Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
Minimal Access/Laparoscopic Surgery. General Surgery. Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Weight Loss Surgery. Laparoscopic & Robotic Bariatric Surgery (for Severe Obesity). Metabolic Surgery (for Diabetes) and GI Surgery.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.