Dr. Atul N.C. Peters Obesity & Bariatric Surgeon in Max Hospital New Delhi
Dr. Atul N C Peters top bariatric surgeon is the Director at the Department of Bariatric, Minimal Access & General Surgery at Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi and the same under his patrons got awarded as Centre of Excellence for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery by OSSI effective from Jan 1st, 2020.
He operates in India, Dubai and Muscat. He is board certified by "National Board of Surgery" and holds professional fellowships/memberships in various National & International Surgical Societies.
With over 20 years of Surgical experience, his practice is now dedicated to Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery for Diabetes, performing more than 300 cases annually.
Dr. Peters has been accredited the "Surgeon of Excellence" by Surgical Review Corporation, the USA that administers Surgeon of Excellence Program through-out the world and recognises the surgeons and healthcare facilities that provide safe, high-quality surgical care. These programs promote universal care quality, regardless of the type of surgery or where the patients have their procedures performed.
Dr. Peters is also a "Certified Fitness Trainer" from the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA). He runs a regular Bariatric Support Group for his patients and ends it with Music Therapy. He believes music heals the soul, and he loves playing for his patients. Dr. Peters can play close to eighteen musical instruments, Saxophone being closest to his heart.
He is the first surgeon to start a bariatric program in North West Africa, namely Nigeria & has conducted more than 40 successful surgeries under this program.
He is the founding member of ACMOMS (Asian Consensus Meeting on Metabolic Surgery).
He also holds the world record of performing the highest number of Bariatric Surgeries in a day (sixteen), declared in the LIMCA BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS.
Sr. Consultant & Head - Apollo Institute of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery. DHA Certified Specialist (Bariatric Surgeon) - Zulekha Hospital and Medeor Hospital, Dubai. Consultant (Bariatric Surgeon) - NMC, Muscat. Director & Head - Institute of Bariatric, Metabolic & Minimal Access Surgery, Fortis Hospitals (Shalimar Bagh), Fortis CDOC, Fortis Aashlok & Fortis La Femme (New Delhi). Director - Institute of Bariatric, Metabolic & Minimal Access Surgery, Primus Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi. Sr. Consultant & Chief - MAS, Max Super Speciality Hospital (Saket), Max Med Centre (Panchsheel Park), Delhi & Max Hospital (Gurgaon).
Education & Training
International Fellow - American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS) (Bariatric Surgery). Robotic Training - Da Vinci Robotic Training, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. Advanced Bariatric Training - Bariatric & Metabolic Institute (BMI), Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Basic Bariatric Training - Covidien Clinical Institute, Shanghai, China. DNB & MAS Fellowship - Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India. MBBS - Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, India.
International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO). International Excellence Federation for Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery (IEF). Life Member - Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS). Life Member - Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
Minimal Access/Laparoscopic Surgery. General Surgery. Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Weight Loss Surgery. Laparoscopic & Robotic Bariatric Surgery (for Severe Obesity). Metabolic Surgery (for Diabetes) and GI Surgery.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.