Dr. Amrita Ramaswami Hemato-Oncologist & BMT Specialist in Artemis Hospital Gurgaon
Dr. Amrita Ramaswami top bmt specialist completed her MBBS from Jawaharlal Institute of Post graduate medical education and research (JIPMER) , one of the top ten medical colleges in India in 2007. She then pursued post graduation in General Medicine from Madurai Medical College , Madurai.
Her interest in Hematology began when she attended a conference in CMC , Vellore which has one of the best Hematology departments in the country. After finishing her post graduation in General Medicine in 2009 in pursuance of her aspirations to become a hematologist , she joined CMC Vellore as a senior Registrar in the Dept. of Hematology in February 2013 .
She got selected for the DM course in Clinical Hematology in the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences in June 2013 and successfully completed the course in June 2016 . She joined Artemis in May 2021 after working for five years post DM in Medanta – The Medicity , one of the top private healthcare providers in Delhi-NCR. She carries a rich and varied experience in Hematology and stem cell transplantation from AIIMS and Medanta – The Medicity .
She is experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant hematological disorders like aplastic anemia , thalassemia, acute leukemias, lymphomas and multiple myeloma She is also well versed in the diagnosis and management of bleeding disorders.
She is capable of carrying out autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantation from sibling and alternative donors for benign and malignant hematological disorders like acute leukemias and aplastic anemia to name a few.
Her technical expertise and skills include carrying out bone marrow aspirations/biopsies , lumbar punctures with intrathecal chemotherapy, PICC line insertion and Hickman catheter insertion.
Her clinical interests include Acute leukemia , Consultative Hematology and multiple myeloma.
D.M (Clinical Hematology) – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. M.D (Medicine) – Madurai Medical College , Madurai. M.B.B.S - Jawaharlal Insitute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) , Puducherry.
Worked as Assistant Professor , Dept. of Medicine , Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences from May 2012 to February 2013 Worked as Senior Registrar, Dept.of Clinical Hematology , Christian Medical College, Vellore from February 2013 to May 2013 Worked as Associate Consultant and later as Consultant – Hemato-oncology in Medanta Hospital , Gurugram from August 2016 to May 2021 .
Indian Society of Hematology and blood transfusion
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.