Dr. Ajit Pai Surgical Oncologist in Apollo Cancer Centre, Chennai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Top Surgical Oncologist in Chennai. Dr Ajit Pai is a Consultant - Surgical Oncology and Robotic Surgery with special expertise in cancers of the breast, the gastrointestinal tract (stomach, pancreas, colon and rectum), gynaecological cancers (ovarian, uterine and cervical cancers) and cancers of the oesophagus. He also serves as a guide and examiner for postgraduate surgical oncology students. He has several scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals to his credit and has received several awards and accolades. He has also presented his studies and findings at international and national conferences and has authored several book chapters.
Areas of Expertise
Gastrointestinal Cancers. Gynaecological Cancers. Breast Cancers. Minimally Invasive and Robotic surgery. HIPEC and PIPAC procedures.
Education & Training
Master of Chirurgie [M.Ch] in Surgical Oncology. Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery. Advanced training in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery from the University of Tokyo, Japan. UICC Fellowship in Pancreatic Surgery from the University of Heidelberg, Germany. Training in Advanced Minimally Invasive and Robotic GI surgery from the University of Illinois at Chicago and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Chicago. Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Consultant – Apollo Cancer Centre, Chennai. Mentor and tutor for National Board trainees in Surgical Oncology.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.