Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) or Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) cost in Turkey
In recent years, the healthcare industry has witnessed incredible advancements in medical technology, leading to significant improvements in patient outcomes and quality of life. One such breakthrough is the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) or Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI), a minimally invasive procedure that revolutionizes the treatment of aortic valve disease. While this procedure has gained popularity worldwide, this article will focus on TAVR cost in Turkey, exploring its affordability and accessibility in the Turkish healthcare system.
Historical Context: The Evolution of Aortic Valve Replacement
To fully appreciate the impact of TAVR, let's take a quick look at the historical context of aortic valve replacement. Traditional surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR) has been the gold standard treatment for severe aortic valve disease for several decades. However, SAVR is an open-heart surgery that involves a sternotomy (cutting through the sternum) and placing the patient on cardiopulmonary bypass. Although highly effective, SAVR carries significant risks and requires a lengthy recovery period.
TAVR, on the other hand, was developed as a less invasive alternative to SAVR. It was first introduced in 2002 by Dr. Alain Cribier in France, marking a groundbreaking milestone in the treatment of aortic valve disease. TAVR involves implanting a bioprosthetic valve through a catheter, typically inserted through the femoral artery. The procedure can be performed without stopping the patient's heart or using a heart-lung machine, resulting in shorter hospital stays, faster recovery, and reduced complications. According to recent data, the average cost of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) in Turkey ranges from $25,000 to $50,000, making it a more affordable option compared to other countries.
Factors Influencing TAVR Cost in Turkey
Several factors contribute to the cost of TAVR in Turkey. Understanding these factors can help patients make informed decisions and healthcare providers ensure the affordability and accessibility of this life-saving procedure:
1. Hospital Infrastructure and Equipment
The cost of TAVR is influenced by the quality and sophistication of the hospital infrastructure and medical equipment. Hospitals that invest in state-of-the-art catheterization labs, imaging technology, and surgical facilities may have higher procedural costs. However, these investments also contribute to better patient outcomes and reduced complication rates.
2. Medical Professional Fees
The expertise and experience of the medical professionals involved in TAVR procedures also impact the overall cost. Surgeons, interventional cardiologists, anesthesiologists, and other healthcare professionals may charge different fees based on their qualifications and experience. It is essential to choose a reputable healthcare provider with a skilled and experienced team to ensure the best possible outcomes.
3. Cost of Bioprosthetic Valves
Bioprosthetic valves, which are implanted during TAVR, can constitute a significant portion of the overall cost. The cost of these valves can vary depending on the manufacturer, type, and size. Hospitals may have contracts with specific valve manufacturers, which can influence the pricing and availability of these devices.
4. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
Comprehensive preoperative and postoperative care is crucial for successful TAVR procedures. This includes diagnostic tests, consultations, medications, and follow-up visits. The cost of these healthcare services should be factored into the overall cost of TAVR. However, efficient care pathways and optimized processes can help streamline these costs while maintaining high-quality care.
Disclaimer: Remember, the information provided in this post is for informational purposes only and should not substitute professional medical advice. Always consult a healthcare professional before making any healthcare decisions
How We Can Assist
WDI Medical Tourism And Research Pvt. Ltd., a prominent provider of medical tourism services based in India, assists patients seeking treatment in Turkey. They provide assistance with selecting hospitals, obtaining visas, coordinating travel, and recuperation, among other services.
The WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt. Ltd. will assist you in choosing the finest medical institutions in Turkey based on your specific needs and preferences. They can provide you with a variety of options because they have access to a vast network of institutions and physicians.
Additionally, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt. Ltd can guide you through the complex medical visa application process, ensuring that you receive your visa on time and without incident. In order to make your trip to Turkey for medical treatment as comfortable and stress-free as feasible, they can also assist with housing and transportation.
The WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt. Ltd. can assist you in locating the most effective medical care in Turkey. They can assist you in making an informed decision, provide you with all the necessary support and assistance, and ensure the efficacy of your treatment.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit prefer country, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission (Embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.
Last Update: Our Team | 25.10.2023