Stomach Cancer Treatment cost in Turkey
Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, is a serious health concern worldwide. It is one of the leading causes of cancer-related deaths, and its treatment can be financially burdensome for patients and their families. However, in recent years, Turkey has emerged as a popular destination for medical tourism due to its advanced healthcare infrastructure and affordable treatment options. According to recent data, the average cost of stomach cancer treatment in Turkey is significantly lower compared to other countries. On average, patients in Turkey spend approximately $10,000 to $15,000 for surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy, whereas the same treatment in Western countries may cost up to $50,000.
Stomach Cancer Treatment Cost in Turkey: A Cost-Effective Solution
When it comes to stomach cancer treatment, cost is a significant concern for patients and their families. In many countries, the expenses associated with diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy, and post-treatment care can be exorbitant. However, Turkey offers a cost-effective solution for stomach cancer treatment, making it an attractive choice for patients seeking affordable healthcare options. Let's take a closer look at the various components of stomach cancer treatment and their associated costs in Turkey.
1. Diagnosis and Testing
Accurate diagnosis is crucial for effective stomach cancer treatment. In Turkey, patients can expect to undergo a series of diagnostic tests, including:
. Endoscopy: This procedure allows doctors to examine the inside of the stomach using a flexible tube with a camera. The cost of endoscopy in Turkey typically ranges from $200 to $500, depending on the facility and the complexity of the case.
. Biopsy: If suspicious tissue is found during the endoscopy, a biopsy may be performed to determine if it is cancerous. A biopsy in Turkey can cost between $200 and $500.
Surgery is often the primary treatment for stomach cancer, and Turkey offers a range of surgical options, including:
. Gastrectomy: This surgical procedure involves removing part or all of the stomach affected by cancer. The cost of gastrectomy in Turkey varies depending on the complexity of the surgery and the hospital, ranging from $5,000 to $10,000.
. Laparoscopic Surgery: In recent years, minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery has gained popularity due to its shorter recovery time and reduced post-operative complications. The cost of laparoscopic surgery in Turkey is generally higher than traditional surgery, ranging from $8,000 to $15,000.
Chemotherapy is often used before or after surgery to kill cancer cells and prevent their recurrence. The cost of chemotherapy in Turkey depends on the type of drugs used, the duration of treatment, and the hospital. On average, patients can expect to pay between $1,500 and $3,000 per cycle of chemotherapy.
4. Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy may be recommended in certain cases to target and destroy cancer cells. The cost of radiation therapy in Turkey varies depending on the treatment plan and the facility. On average, patients can expect to pay between $5,000 and $10,000 for a course of radiation therapy.
5. Follow-Up Care
After completing the initial treatment, regular follow-up visits are necessary to monitor the patient's progress and detect any signs of recurrence. The cost of follow-up care in Turkey is relatively affordable, with doctor consultations ranging from $50 to $100 per visit.
Disclaimer: Remember, the information provided in this post is for informational purposes only and should not substitute professional medical advice. Always consult a healthcare professional before making any healthcare decisions.
How We Help You
WDI Medical Tourism And Research Pvt Ltd. is a leading medical tourism company in India that provides assistance to medical tourists seeking treatment in Turkey also. They offer a range of services, including assistance with hospital selection, medical visa procurement, travel arrangements, and post-treatment care.
When it comes to oncology treatment WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can help you identify the best hospitals in Turkey based on your specific needs and preferences. They have an extensive network of hospitals and doctors, which allows them to provide you with a range of options to choose from.
In addition, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can also help you navigate the complex medical visa application process, ensuring that you obtain your visa in a timely and hassle-free manner. They can also help you with travel arrangements and accommodation, making your trip to Turkey for Stomach cancer treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Overall, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can be a valuable partner in your quest for the best stomach cancer treatment in Turkey. They can help you make an informed decision, provide you with all the necessary support and assistance, and ensure that you have a successful treatment outcome.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit prefer country, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission (Embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.
Last Update: Our Team | 04.11.2023