Lung Cancer Treatment cost in Turkey
Lung cancer is a devastating disease that affects millions of people worldwide. It is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths, and its treatment can be financially burdensome for patients and their families. However, in recent years, Turkey has emerged as a popular destination for medical tourism, offering affordable and high-quality healthcare options, including lung cancer treatment. According to recent studies, the average cost of lung cancer treatment in Turkey ranges from $5,000 to $10,000 per month, depending on the stage and type of cancer.
Cost Breakdown: Lung Cancer Treatment Expenses in Turkey
To understand the cost of lung cancer treatment in Turkey, it is important to break down the various expenses involved. The overall cost can vary depending on factors such as the stage of cancer, the treatment plan recommended by the medical team, and the individual patient's needs. However, here are some general expenses to consider:
1. Diagnostic Tests: The initial diagnosis of lung cancer typically involves several tests, including imaging scans (CT scan, PET-CT scan), biopsies, and blood tests. These tests help determine the stage and extent of the disease. The cost of diagnostic tests in Turkey is relatively affordable compared to other countries, with prices ranging from $500 to $1500.
2. Surgery: Surgery is often recommended for early-stage lung cancer or when the tumor is localized and can be removed. The cost of lung cancer surgery in Turkey depends on the complexity of the procedure, the hospital chosen, and the surgeon's fees. On average, the cost of surgery ranges from $5000 to $15000, including hospital charges, surgeon fees, anesthesia, and post-operative care.
3. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a common treatment option for lung cancer and may involve multiple cycles of medication administered intravenously. The cost of chemotherapy in Turkey is significantly lower compared to other countries, with an average cost of $2000 to $5000 per cycle. The overall cost of chemotherapy will depend on the number of cycles recommended by the oncologist.
4. Radiation Therapy: Radiation therapy is another treatment modality used in lung cancer treatment, either as a standalone treatment or in combination with surgery or chemotherapy. The cost of radiation therapy in Turkey ranges from $3000 to $8000, depending on the number of sessions required and the type of radiation technique used.
5. Targeted Therapy and Immunotherapy: In recent years, targeted therapy and immunotherapy have emerged as promising treatment options for specific types of lung cancer. These therapies are more expensive compared to traditional chemotherapy, but the cost in Turkey is still significantly lower compared to other countries. The cost can vary depending on the specific drugs used, ranging from $2000 to $10000 per cycle.
Disclaimer: Remember, the information provided in this post is for informational purposes only and should not substitute professional medical advice. Always consult a healthcare professional before making any healthcare decisions.
How We Help You
WDI Medical Tourism And Research Pvt Ltd. is a leading medical tourism company in India that provides assistance to medical tourists seeking treatment in Turkey also. They offer a range of services, including assistance with hospital selection, medical visa procurement, travel arrangements, and post-treatment care.
When it comes to oncology treatment WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can help you identify the best hospitals in Turkey based on your specific needs and preferences. They have an extensive network of hospitals and doctors, which allows them to provide you with a range of options to choose from.
In addition, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can also help you navigate the complex medical visa application process, ensuring that you obtain your visa in a timely and hassle-free manner. They can also help you with travel arrangements and accommodation, making your trip to Turkey for Lung cancer treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Overall, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can be a valuable partner in your quest for the best lung cancer treatment in Turkey. They can help you make an informed decision, provide you with all the necessary support and assistance, and ensure that you have a successful treatment outcome.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit prefer country, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission (Embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.
Last Update: Our Team | 04.11.2023