Epilepsy Surgery cost in India
The cost of Epilepsy Surgery in India varies depending on several factors, including the hospital, the surgeon's fee, the complexity of the procedure, and the patient's medical condition. However, on average, the cost of epilepsy surgery in India is around 40-70% lower than in Western countries.
The cost of epilepsy surgery in India for International patients ranges from USD 6,000-USD 7,500. Cost for Indian patients is between INR 2-5 lakh, depending on the hospital and the facility. It is important to note that the cost of epilepsy surgery in India may be slightly higher in private hospitals compared to government-run hospitals.
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder characterized by recurrent seizures that are caused by abnormal electrical activity in the brain. While medication is the primary treatment option for epilepsy, there are cases where surgery becomes necessary to control seizures and improve the quality of life for patients. In recent years, India has emerged as a leading destination for epilepsy surgery, with several hospitals offering state-of-the-art facilities and experienced medical professionals.
Current Trends in Epilepsy Surgery
In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the number of patients seeking epilepsy surgery in India. This surge can be attributed to various factors, including:
1. Rising awareness: With increased access to information and improved understanding of epilepsy, more patients are aware of surgical options and their potential benefits.
2. Technological advancements: India has witnessed rapid advancements in medical technology, which has made epilepsy surgery safer and more effective. Techniques such as stereotactic EEG, MRI-guided laser ablation, and minimally invasive procedures have revolutionized the field.
3. Collaboration and knowledge sharing: Indian hospitals have actively collaborated with international experts and participated in global research studies, allowing them to stay at the forefront of epilepsy surgery advancements.
Best Hospitals for Epilepsy Surgery in India
Let's now take a closer look at some of the best hospitals in India for epilepsy surgery. These hospitals have been chosen based on their reputation, expertise, success rates, and patient outcomes.
1. Medanta - The Medicity, Gurugram
Medanta - The Medicity, Gurugram, is one of the premier medical institutions in India and has a dedicated epilepsy surgery department. The hospital boasts of a multidisciplinary team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and psychologists who work together to provide comprehensive care for epilepsy patients. Medanta - The Medicity is renowned for its expertise in complex epilepsy surgeries and offers a wide range of surgical options, including temporal lobectomy, hemispherectomy, and corpus callosotomy.
2. Artemis Hospitals, Gurugram
Artemis Hospitals in Gurugram is another leading hospital for epilepsy surgery in India. Artemis Hospitals has a dedicated epilepsy surgery program that follows a holistic approach, focusing not only on surgical intervention but also on preoperative evaluation, postoperative rehabilitation, and long-term follow-up. The hospital offers advanced diagnostic facilities, including video-EEG telemetry and functional brain mapping, to accurately identify the seizure focus and plan the surgery accordingly.
3. Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
Apollo Hospitals in Chennai is known for its state-of-the-art infrastructure and experienced medical professionals. The hospital has a dedicated epilepsy surgery unit that offers a wide range of surgical options, including minimally invasive procedures. Apollo Hospitals has gained recognition for its advanced neuroimaging technologies, such as functional MRI and PET scans, which aid in precise identification of the seizure focus. The hospital also provides comprehensive preoperative counseling and postoperative care, ensuring the best possible outcomes for patients.
4. Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
Fortis Memorial Research Institute in Gurugram also houses a renowned epilepsy surgery program. The hospital has a dedicated team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, and neuropsychologists who work collaboratively to provide personalized treatment plans for epilepsy patients. Fortis Memorial Research Institute is equipped with the latest surgical technologies, such as intraoperative MRI and neuronavigation systems, which enhance the precision and safety of epilepsy surgeries.
5. Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai
Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital in Mumbai is a leading center for epilepsy surgery in India. The hospital offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and surgical services for epilepsy patients. Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital specializes in advanced surgical techniques, such as stereo-electroencephalography (SEEG) and laser ablation, which allow for precise localization and targeted removal of the seizure focus. The hospital also focuses on postoperative rehabilitation and provides extensive support to patients for a smooth recovery.
Real-World Scenarios: Success Stories
To understand the impact of epilepsy surgery in India, let's explore a few real-world scenarios where patients have benefited from surgical intervention:
1. Case Study: Mr. Sharma
Mr. Sharma, a 30-year-old software engineer, had been suffering from refractory epilepsy for years. Despite trying multiple anti-epileptic medications, his seizures remained uncontrolled, affecting his personal and professional life. After thorough evaluation, Mr. Sharma opted for epilepsy surgery at Medanta - The Medicity, Gurugram. A team of experienced neurosurgeons successfully performed a temporal lobectomy, removing the epileptogenic focus. Following the surgery, Mr. Sharma experienced a remarkable reduction in seizure frequency and was able to resume his normal life.
2. Case Study: Ms. Patel
Ms. Patel, a 12-year-old student, was diagnosed with drug-resistant epilepsy at a young age. Her seizures were impacting her academic performance and overall well-being. After careful evaluation at Artemis, Gurugram, Ms. Patel underwent a hemispherectomy, a procedure where the affected hemisphere of the brain is disconnected. The surgery was a success, and Ms. Patel's seizures were completely eliminated. She is now seizure-free and leading a normal life, excelling in her studies.
How We Help You
WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. is a leading medical tourism company in India that helps patients from around the world access affordable, high-quality medical care in India. They offer a range of services, including assistance with hospital selection, medical visa procurement, travel arrangements, and post-treatment care.
When it comes to epilepsy surgery, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can help you identify the best hospitals in India based on your specific needs and preferences. They have an extensive network of hospitals and doctors, which allows them to provide you with a range of options to choose from.
In addition, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can also help you navigate the complex medical visa application process, ensuring that you obtain your visa in a timely and hassle-free manner. They can also help you with travel arrangements and accommodation, making your trip to India for epilepsy surgery as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Overall, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can be a valuable partner in your quest for the best epilepsy surgery in India. They can help you make an informed decision, provide you with all the necessary support and assistance, and ensure that you have a successful treatment outcome.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.
Last Update: Our Team | 2.1.2024