Dr. Rakesh Mahajan Vascular Surgeon in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Dr. Rakesh Mahajan top Vascular Surgeon in Delhi. He has a rich experience of 37+ years in surgery. He has been Senior Consultant, Vascular Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, since September 2004. Formerly, he was Consultant Surgeon at Royal Gwent Hospital, UK.
Dr. Mahajan has developed the department of vascular surgery at Apollo hospital Delhi into one of the most trusted centers for vascular surgery, providing specialized care for the past 25 years. There is tireless strife to maintain international standards. Thousands of patients are satisfied having been successfully treated. Apollo offers comprehensive vascular surgery care with entire range of vascular surgery services being available to the patients, catering not only national but international patients also.
Varicose Veins- treatment with ‘Laser/Radio-Frequency Ablation’, Glue Ablation, foam sclerotheray. These are minimal invasive endovascular surgeries and use pin hole techniques. Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) involving any vein & Pulmonary Embolism and its chronic complications. Using thrombolysis and or thrombosuction (penumbra), venoplasty-stenting & IVC filter; Complex venous reconstruction and bypass. Comprehensive management of Diabetic Foot problem which includes revascularization, debridements and stem cell therapy. Limb Salvage for Gangrene/ Peripheral Vascular Disease, Buerger’s Disease – Endovascular treatment – Angiography & Angioplasty/Stenting & Open Bypass Surgery. Wound management using specialized dressings like VAC therapy, IDRT. ‘Stenting’ & Surgery for Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) & Aortic Occlusive Disease, via both open and endovascular techniques like EVAR and TEVAR. Carotid Surgery for Stroke prevention both open and endovascular. Complex Dialysis Access Procedures – Fistulas for Dialysis & dealing with short & long term complications of these procedures. Placement of catheters like HD catheter, Permacath placement, PIC line placement, Chemoport insertion. Comprehensive management of Vascular Trauma. Management of Lymphedema. Uterine artery embolisation required for various Obstretric and gynaecological issues. Surgery for excessive sweating- Hyperhydrosis & blue fingers- Raynaud’s syndrome (including Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy). Treatment of Mesenteric & Renal ischemia and portal hypertension. Arterio-Venous malformations & all other non-cardiac Vascular Problems. Treatment of Cervical rib and its related complications. Management of pain and cramps in both upper and lower limbs.
Vascular Society of India. International Society of Vascular Surgery. The Association of Surgeons of India.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Creation : Personal medical record is required to accurately assess a treatment plan.
2. Physician C.V: Medical records transfer to physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion : Medical report for consultation by your specialist doctors a feedback is expected within 72hours [3days].
4. Budget Friendly Treatment Plans : Expect to have as many referrals from different hospitals detailing their second opinion and the cost of treatment.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with respect to the advised treatment and hospital and finalize their plan for coming to India , we assist the patient in obtaining medical visa. The patient has to apply on his own for the same in High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide an invitation letter to the patient from the respective hospital which is required for submitting their visa application. Also, our team is trained to provide any information/query that the patient may have regarding medical visa and medical attendant visa.
6. Treatment Itinerary : When see doctor, When operation takes place extra, also contact details for the ward room .
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives to the designated country for treatment he/she becomes our full responsibility. To handle any cases arising from hospital/ doctor negligence or malpractice to the patients. Also organized the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient we will be responsible for their safety.
8. Interpretation: Interpretation assistance if necessary
9. Communication: Assist in communicating with family and home. Mobile phone or telephone card.
10. Airport support arrival / departure.: Complimentary airport pick-up / drop-off in a cab.
11. Post care rehab: Post care rehab and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Wellness and spa packages added pre and post procedures. Palade , yoga and spiritual classes. Resort accommodation at 4 to 5 star level.
13. Follow-up support: Provide free support when patients come back their home countries.