Dr. Prabhu Nesargikar GI Onco Surgeon in HCG Cancer Centre - K. R. Road, Bangalore | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr Prabhu Nesargikar top GI Onco surgeon in Bangalore is a Consultant in GI (Gastrointestinal) and Peritoneal Cancer Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, and Surgical Gastroenterology. He is the Clinical lead for Lifestyle, Obesity, and GI Care (LOGIC) by HCG, and leads the Preventive Oncology programme. International pedigree of more than 18 years having trained exclusively in the United Kingdom, Singapore, and S. Korea, and was a former Assoc Consultant in Surgery at National University Hospital, Singapore. Dr. Prabhu is one of the select few surgeons who offer a comprehensive approach to gastro-intestinal cancers (Esophagus, Stomach, Intestine, Colon, Rectum) from organ-preserving endoscopic surgery to minimally invasive surgeries (laparoscopic and robotic). He is experienced in Peritoneal Cancer treatment including multiorgan cytoreductive surgery and PIPAC, IP Chemotherapy, and HIPEC Surgeries. He is also well-versed in Bariatric surgery and other comprehensive weight loss treatments including intragastric balloons, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy/gastric bypass surgery. He is JAG (UK) certified endoscopist and proficient in daycare endoscopy procedures like Colonoscopy, Upper GI endoscopy, EMR/ ESD for small tumors, PEG Tube insertions, and endoscopic stenting procedures.
MBBS, MRCS (RCSEng), MA (Medical Education), MD (Research), MFSTEd (RCSEd), FRCS (RCSEd), CCT (UK)
Training and Certifications
Dr. Prabhu is a UK-Board Certified Surgeon with CCT ( Certificate of Completion of Training) from the General Medical Council. He has attended Gastric Cancer Masterclass Fellowship Programme at SNUH, S.Korea. Dr. Prabhu has obtained Fellowship- FRCS from RCS, Edinburgh, and MRCS from RCS, England. He was awarded MD for his research from Cardiff University, UK. He was awarded an MA degree in Medical Education from Keele University, UK. He has completed Leadership and Management programme from NHS, Scotland, and is a strong advocate of ‘Patient safety and Human Factors’ in Surgery’
Dr. Prabhu is the recipient of several awards of accolades including the prestigious “Young Investigator Award” at ESOT Congress, Belgium for his research, and has won awards at the Japanese and Korean Cancer Congress. He is a Surgical Tutor in the ChM Surgical Teaching Programme, University of Edinburgh. He topped the National interviews in the United Kingdom to enter the higher specialist training in NHS. He is a member of multiple reputed international and national associations like IASO, IAGES, OSSI, IFSO, AUGIS, and ASI. Dr. Prabhu has authored a good number of publications International journals, and chapters in the medical school curriculum .
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.