Dr. Govinda Pillai Interventional Cardiologist in Apollo Hospitals - Navi Mumbai | Quick Medical Evaluation
Dr. Govinda Pillai top Interventional Cardiologist in Mumbai. An experienced Cardiologist with a passion for sciences, technology and dedication for helping those in need. Adept in providing optimal patient care, while striving to help patients achieve their healthiest life with compassion. Able to communicate well with patients, families, doctors, and nurses. Committed to staying up-to-date regarding medicine and wellness, and aiming to provide patients with the highest standard of care. Bringing forth commitment, skill, and the desire to positively influence the quality of lives. Have pioneered the work on Interventional Cardiology in India and was one of the first to do Coronary Angioplasty in this country along with Dr. Samuel Matthew, back in 1986 at Breach Candy Hospital. Over the past thirty-five years, have done extensive work on Complex PTCA and stenting. In the past two decades, have focused on Primary PTCA as a optimal mode of treatment for acute myocardial infarction (PAMI). I have been a proctor for Rotablation and IVUS since 2009 and had the opportunity to train many budding cardiologist across the country. My area of expertise and adeptness is complex angioplasty including Rotablation, IVUS, OCT and Lithotripsy. Currently me and my colleague have performed over 20 TAVI (Trans Aortic Valve Implantation) at Apollo Hospital, Belapur and Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. Performed state of the art procedures like peripheral intervention including Carotid Artery stenting, helping patients to achieve their wellness goals. I am born on 9th of October 1950, in a small village of Kerala (Mavellikara, Central Travancore) I am lucky to have born as the fourth child of my father Late Kokkatt G Madhavan Pillai and G Bhavaniamma. The Kokkatt family was known to practically who is who, in central Travancore by the families contribution to the society in the form of Freedom Movement, Khadi and Village Industries, NSS and other social activities for the upbringing of the people around. Undertook my pre-degree course at Bishop Moore College, Mavellikara. Following my preliminary education successfully passed my MBBS examination at the very first attempt with distinction from Nagpur University and was awarded silver medal for Medicine for the highest marks in the year 1974. Completed MD medicine from KEM hospital and GS Medical College, Mumbai in the year 1978 with Second rank. Pursued further training in Cardiology at the same institute, and passed DM Cardiology (First Rank) in April 1981. After the post-doctoral degree in Cardiology, I have served as lecturer in Cardiology at BYL Nair Hospital and TN Medical College for two years and thereafter commenced private practice. Have served as Visiting Cardiologist at Breach Candy Hospital from 1984 to 2005. In addition, I have joined Nanavati Hospital as Honorary Cardiologist in 1994 and served until 2017. Currently I am visiting consultant to Lilavati Hospital, Bandra Mumbai, Hinduja Hospital Khar and Apollo Hospital, Navi Mumbai. I am a certified teacher for post-doctoral training in Cardiology. Apart from clinical work, have been actively involved in academic work presenting and published various papers in national & international conferences and journals. I had the privilege of chairing and organising various sessions from time to time. Have received several awards and accolades during my academic and professional career. Silver Medal for Medicine for highest marks achieved, 1973. Second Rank, MD Medicine, 1978, First Rank, DM, 1981. With the quest to learn the developing field of Interventional Cardiology I got trained at Cleveland Clinic in the year 1989 at my own cost for a period of 6 months under the guidance of Dr. Pat Withlow Chief of Cardiology. In appreciation of the outstanding work in Interventional Cardiology, Cardiological Society of India (CSI) awarded BARD International First Prize for Best Case Contest (stenting of Anomalous Right Coronary Artery arising from Left Coronary Sinus using Left Judkins Catheter – first time in history of Cardiology). This award carried three months training in complex coronary interventions at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA, followed by One month’s training for Radiation Stents in the treatment of re-stenosis at Scripp’s Clinic, San Diego, USA, 1997.
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
Complex Coronary Intervention
Head of department - Nanavati Superspeciality Hospital. Consultant - Global Hospital & research center. Consultant - Lilavati Hospital, Consultant - Breach Candy Hospital.
Professional Memberships And Certifications
Life Member- Cardiology Society of India. Life member - Interventional Council of India. Life Member - Indian College of Cardiology. Life member and fellow - Indian Society of electrocardiology. Life member - Indian Medical Assosciation.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit India, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission of India (Indian embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.