Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Surgery cost in Turkey
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery is a neurosurgical procedure in which electrodes are implanted into specific regions of the brain to treat various neurological disorders. It has arisen as a promising treatment option for Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, and dystonia when other treatments have failed. Turkey has become a prominent destination for medical tourism, including neurosurgical procedures such as DBS surgery, due to its combination of sophisticated medical facilities, skilled healthcare professionals, and relatively affordable costs in comparison to many Western nations.
The cost of DBS surgery in Turkey can vary significantly based on several factors, such as the hospital or medical center, the experience of the neurosurgeon, the type of neurostimulator device used, the complexity of the procedure, and the overall medical care provided before and after the surgery. The average cost of DBS surgery in Turkey is between $20,000 and $40,000 USD, although individual circumstances may result in prices outside of this range.
Factors Influencing the Price:
1. Hospital or Medical Center: The hospital or medical center selected can have a significant impact on the cost of DBS surgery. Reputable and well-equipped facilities typically charge a premium for their services.
2. Experience of the Neurosurgeon: The reputation and experience of the neurosurgeon performing the DBS surgery can affect the cost. For their expertise, highly experienced surgeons may charge higher fees.
3. The cost of the neurostimulator device itself is a crucial factor. Newer and more advanced devices with additional features may be more expensive than their predecessors.
4. Patients typically undergo a variety of medical assessments and evaluations prior to undergoing surgery. These procedures, such as imaging scans and neurological evaluations, can add to the total cost.
5. Surgical Facility Fees Surgical facility fees consist of the costs associated with the operating room, anesthesia, medical apparatus, and other services related to the surgery.
6. Post-Operative Care: The cost of post-operative care, such as hospitalization, medications, and follow-up visits, must be factored into the total cost.
7. Travel and Lodging: For international patients traveling to Turkey for DBS surgery, it is necessary to account for travel expenses, lodging, and other logistical costs.
Compared to many Western nations, DBS surgery in Turkey is frequently less expensive. In the United States, for instance, DBS surgery can cost between $50,000 and $150,000 USD, making Turkey an attractive option for patients seeking high-quality medical care at a lower cost.
The Standard of Care and Expertise:
Although cost is a significant factor, patients should not compromise on the quality of care and expertise they receive. Numerous Turkish hospitals and medical centers that offer DBS surgery hold international accreditations and are staffed by experienced medical professionals who are conversant with the most recent neurosurgical advancements.
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery in Turkey is a viable and cost-effective option for patients with neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, and dystonia. Although the cost can differ based on a number of factors, including the medical facility and the complexity of the procedure, Turkey's reputation for advanced medical care, skilled neurosurgeons, and competitive pricing makes it an attractive destination for those considering DBS surgery. Prior to making decisions regarding their treatment and medical travel plans, patients should conduct extensive research, consider all pertinent factors, and consult with medical professionals.
How We Help You
WDI Medical Tourism And Research Pvt Ltd. is a leading medical tourism company in India that provides assistance to medical tourists seeking treatment in Turkey also. They offer a range of services, including assistance with hospital selection, medical visa procurement, travel arrangements, and post-treatment care.
When it comes to Neurosurgery treatment WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can help you identify the best hospitals in Turkey based on your specific needs and preferences. They have an extensive network of hospitals and doctors, which allows them to provide you with a range of options to choose from.
In addition, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can also help you navigate the complex medical visa application process, ensuring that you obtain your visa in a timely and hassle-free manner. They can also help you with travel arrangements and accommodation, making your trip to Turkey for DBS Surgery treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Overall, WDI Medical Tourism and Research Pvt Ltd. can be a valuable partner in your quest for the best DBS Surgery in Turkey. They can help you make an informed decision, provide you with all the necessary support and assistance, and ensure that you have a successful treatment outcome.
OUR FREE HEALTHCARE CONCIERGE SERVICES FOR MEDICAL TRAVELERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Consulting Services & Treatment Package Development: To accurately assess a treatment plan, a personal medical record is required.
2. Physician Curriculum Vitae: Medical records are transferred to the physician for treatment and pricing options.
3. Second Opinion: Medical report for review by your specialist doctors, with a response expected within 72 hours [3 days].
4. Cost-Effective Treatment Plans: Expect to receive numerous referrals from various hospitals outlining their second opinion and treatment costs.
5. Medical Visa Assistance: Once the patient is satisfied with the recommended treatment and hospital and has finalised their plans to visit prefer country, we will assist them in obtaining a medical visa. The patient must apply for the visa on his or her own at the High Commission (Embassy) in their home country. We provide the patient with an invitation letter from the appropriate hospital, which is required for submitting their visa application. In addition, our team is trained to answer any questions the patient may have about medical visas and medical attendant visas.
6. Treatment Program: When seeing a doctor, extra contact information for the wardroom is provided.
7. Personal case manager: Once the patient arrives in the designated country for treatment, he or she is completely under our care. To handle any cases involving hospital/doctor negligence or malpractice against patients. We will also be responsible for the accommodation and stay of the members accompanying the patient.
8. Interpretation: If necessary, interpretation assistance is provided.
9. Communication: Help with communication with family and at home. Phone card or mobile phone.
10. Airport arrival and departure assistance: complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off in a cab.
11. Post-acute care rehabilitation: Post-acute care rehabilitation and nursing needs.
12. Wellness and spa packages: Pre and post-procedures have been added to the wellness and spa packages. Palade, yoga, and spiritual classes are available. 4 to 5-star resort accommodations.
13. Follow-up care: Provide free care when patients return to their home countries.